Inverness CT 0 - 2 Queen of the South

League Match
Saturday, March 21st, 1998, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 1,989
Referee: W Young
Inverness CT  Queen of the South

None. Bryce (13, 77)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Rowan Alexander

Starting Eleven
Jim Calder
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Vetle Andersen
Mark McCulloch
Barry Wilson
Barry Robson
Sandy Robertson
Paul Sheerin
Brian Thomson
Scott McLean

Davie Ross
Mike Teasdale
Iain Stewart

Mike Teasdale for Ross Tokely (65)
Iain Stewart for Scott McLean (65)
Davie Ross for Sandy Robertson (73)
Irving -> Payne (72)
Petit -> Mallan

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Jim Calder (GK) 106 apps -
Richard Hastings 123 apps2 goals
Ross Tokely 47 apps2 goals
Vetle Andersen 33 apps -
Mark McCulloch 32 apps3 goals
Barry Wilson 71 apps15 goals
Barry Robson 23 apps5 goals
Paul Sheerin 13 apps4 goals
Sandy Robertson 19 apps1 goal
Brian Thomson 87 apps32 goals
Scott McLean 27 apps10 goals
Mike Teasdale (sub) 89 apps6 goals
Davie Ross (sub) 104 apps10 goals
Iain Stewart (sub) 114 apps70 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (19 years 18 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Sheerin (1999 years 231 days)
Average Player Age:19 years 347 days
Domestic Players:10 (90.91 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (19 years 18 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Sheerin (1999 years 231 days)
Average Player Age:19 years 347 days
Domestic Players:13 (92.86 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


A poor performance by the home side and a well deserved win for Queens. Queens had a real chance in 7 minutes when Bryce pounced on a Richard Hastings header but with only Jim Calder to beat he hit it weakly. In 13 minutes Caley Thistle lost a bad goal. Mark McCulloch went for a high ball and headed it over Calder as he came out it landed at the feet of Bryce and he tapped home. In 32 minutes McCulloch stormed forward and met a Vetle Andersen blocked effort but he hit it past the post. Three minutes later Queens had another chance but Calder did well to save at the feet of Deane Payne. Calder did the same as the half drew to a close when Townsley was well placed in the area. Seven minutes into the second half there was a bizarre incident when Sandy Robertson was brought down in the Queens area and he caught the ball expecting a penalty to be given the referee waved play on! Another rare home effort came from a goal mouth scramble in 57 minutes when only the efforts of Mathieson and Graeme Love kept the ball out. Bryce made it 2-0 in 77 minutes when Townsley headed it into his path and he hit it home from the edge of the box. With 5 minutes left Steve Mallan netted for Queens but offside was given. (this 'goal' was reported on TV and in some newspapers as real and the score as 3-0). This confusion summed up the afternoon for Caley Thistle and things can only improve.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts

No games played.