Peterhead 2 - 3 Inverness CT

League Cup - Round 1
Tuesday, August 8th, 2000, 7:00 PM at Balmoor Stadium
Attendance: 920
Referee: Alan Freeland
Peterhead Inverness CT

Craig Cooper (pens 66, 71) Iain Stewart (16)
Davide Xausa (43)
Bobby Mann (77)

Team Managers
Ian Stewart Steve Paterson

Starting Eleven
G Clark
Les Fridge
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Charlie Christie
Kevin Byers
David Bagan
Iain Stewart
Davide Xausa
Dennis Wyness

S Clark
Ally Ridgers
Barry Robson
Paul Sheerin
Roy McBain
Martin Bavidge

None. Paul Sheerin for David Bagan (14)
Roy McBain for Stuart Golabek (75)
Martin Bavidge for Iain Stewart (75)

W Herd Bobby Mann

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Les Fridge (GK) 70 apps -
Ross Tokely 118 apps7 goals
Stuart Golabek 43 apps1 goal
Richard Hastings 194 apps2 goals
Bobby Mann 50 apps2 goals
Charlie Christie 196 apps27 goals
David Bagan 2 apps -
Kevin Byers 42 apps2 goals
Iain Stewart 132 apps78 goals
Dennis Wyness 34 apps5 goals
Davide Xausa 23 apps12 goals
Roy McBain (sub) 1 app (debut) -
Paul Sheerin (sub) 103 apps33 goals
Martin Bavidge (sub) 47 apps6 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (21 years 159 days)
Oldest Player:David Bagan (2002 years 7 days)
Average Player Age:28 years 135 days
Domestic Players:10 (90.91 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (21 years 159 days)
Oldest Player:Martin Bavidge (2002 years 7 days)
Average Player Age:28 years 135 days
Domestic Players:15 (93.75 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts
Roy McBain(Signed )

Bobby Mann played his 50th major competitive game for the Club.

Peterhead came close to a cup upset but in the end Caley Thistle hung on to win narrowly. An early injury to David Bagan led to Paul Sheerin coming on and the team being reshaped. The first half was all Caley Thistle and Davide Xausa hit the post as early as the 9th minute. The first goal came in 16 minutes when a Ross Tokely low cross from the right was turned into the net by Iain Stewart at the near post. In 33 minutes Xausa again hit the post then 10 minutes later he made it 2-0. Sheerin sent in a cross from the right and Xausa bulleted a header past Ivor Pirie. The home side were rejuvenated after the break and in 57 minutes Scott Paterson headed wide. In 66 minutes Ross Tokely handled and Les Fridge saved Scott Paterson's penalty. The referee ordered a retake and this time Craig Cooper scored. Five minutes later Stuart Golabek brought down Paterson and Cooper made it 2-2 from the penalty spot. Bobby Mann took the pressure off in 77 minutes when he scored what turned out to be the winner. From nearly the half way line Richard Hastings sent a cross in to the Peterhead box and Mann headed home. Both sides had chances as the minutes ticked away. The best fell to Xausa in 88 minutes in a good position but he hit it over the bar.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot