Change:  Go to:
15.01.2005 @ 15:00 Dens Park, Dundee Attendance: 5567
Dundee 3 - 1 Inverness CT
Referee: Alan Freeland League-match

Robb (28)
McManus (48)
Sutton (pen)(56)
Craig Brewster (90)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
Graham Bayne
Craig Brewster
Michael Fraser
Richard Hastings
David Proctor
Richie Hart
Ian Black
Juanjo Carricondo
Bryan Prunty
Robertson -> McManus (66)
Larsen -> Caballero (79)
Mann -> Barrett (86)
Richie Hart -> Roy McBain (58)
Juanjo Carricondo -> Liam Keogh (69)
Yellow cards
None Russell Duncan (60)
Stuart Golabek (60)
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
4 Shots 22
2 Shots on goal 11
0 Offsides 0
1 Corner kicks 12
10 Free kicks 16
1 Penalties 0
Match report
Bitter disappointment Caley Thistle had 75% of the play but managed only 25% of the goals.

With Ross Tokely suspended Stuart McCaffrey came in, and Craig Brewster started up front with Graham Bayne.

Caley Thistle started with a flourish and pressed the Dundee goal for most of the game. From the kick-off Barry Wilson raced down the right and sent in a low dangerous ball which was cleared then McBain shot well over the bar from outside the box. Dundees Tam McManus ran into the Caley Thistle box in the ninth minute and had space to turn, but Grant Munro stepped in with a timely tackle.

Brewster turned and shot over the bar in 15 minutes then a Bayne touch was held by Soutar.

ICT dominance continued until the 26th minute when a Neil Barrett snap shot went over the bar. A minute later Dundee took the lead after a solo effort from Steven Robb. He ran down the left, passed two defenders, cut inside and his angled shot beat Mark Brown at the near post.

From the kick-off ICT retaliated and a Brewster 25 yard shot was deflected for a corner. From Wilsons flag kick Munro rose high to head over. On the half-hour mark Fabian Caballero made a confident run into the ICT box and it took three defenders to retrieve the situation.

A lob goalwards by Barry Smith cleared the bar but much closer than anticipated. The best ICT chance of the half came a minute from the whistle when a 25 yard swerving Brewster shot was touched over by Soutar.

Hopes of a revival faded two minutes into the second half when a Caballero 18 yard shot was pushed upwards by Brown as the ball came down McManus was there to head in Dundees second goal. The day went from bad to worse in 55 minutes when McCaffrey handled in the box and the resultant penalty was netted by John Sutton.

A Stuart Golabek shot was deflected for a corner in 71 minutes, Bayne headed the corner over, Wilson drove over the bar in 75 minutes and Brewster curled the ball wide three minutes later all stirring stuff but nothing to show for it. Darren Dods had to race back to rob Steven Robb ten minutes from time, but the play was still mainly in the other direction.

As the minutes ticked away it was all about restoring pride a Dods glancing header went wide and a Juanjo shot was cleared. A much-deserved goal finally came a minute from time when a Richie Hart free kick from the left curled towards the back post Brewster was there to head his first goal for the club. The goal was welcome but it came an hour too late. With three added minutes there was still time for Wilson to shoot wide and a very good Bayne effort to be held by Soutar. This game completed the set of home/away matches against all SPL clubs ICT now lie ninth but only three points off the foot of the table.