Berwick Rangers 1 - 0 Inverness CT

Challenge Cup Match
Tuesday, August 6th, 2002, 7:00 PM at Shielfield Park
Attendance: 338
Referee: J Undehill
Berwick Rangers Inverness CT

Bennett (pen 67) None.

Team Managers
Unknown. Steve Paterson

Starting Eleven
E Forrest
G Forrest
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Robson
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Liam Keogh
Paul Ritchie

Ally Ridgers
Charlie Christie
Anthony Low
Dennis Wyness
Brian Gilfillan

Burke -> Smith (75)
Connell -> Ferguson (85)
Anthony Low for Ross Tokely (77)
Charlie Christie for Russell Duncan (77)
Dennis Wyness for Paul Ritchie (77)

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 2 apps -
Stuart Golabek 81 apps1 goal
Stuart McCaffrey 78 apps -
Bobby Mann 133 apps11 goals
Ross Tokely 199 apps12 goals
Grant Munro 35 apps1 goal
Russell Duncan 41 apps1 goal
Liam Keogh 2 apps -
Barry Robson 127 apps14 goals
Richie Hart 2 apps -
Paul Ritchie 45 apps20 goals
Anthony Low (sub) 1 app (debut) -
Charlie Christie (sub) 279 apps32 goals
Dennis Wyness (sub) 117 apps53 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 157 days)
Oldest Player:Grant Munro (2004 years 5 days)
Average Player Age:23 years 157 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 157 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Ritchie (2004 years 5 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 330 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts
Anthony Low(Signed )


Another game where plenty of chances were created but none taken. In the first half Barry Robson sent over a string of dangerous crosses but headers from Ross Tokely, Richie Hart and Paul Ritchie were all off target. A Bobby Mann low shot beat ‘keeper Neil Inglis only to be cleared off the line by Gordon Forrest. Berwick settled down and began to hit back - a Gary Wood shot was blocked then Martin Neil failed with an attempted volley in front of goal. Early in the second half Stuart Golabek sent over an excellent cross and Ritchie was well placed to take advantage – the ‘keeper was beaten but Ritchie somehow hit it over the bar from only a few feet. The goal that settled the tie came in the 67th minute when Tokely was penalised for a tug on Neil’s shirt and Neil Bennett converted the penalty. As Caley Thistle searched for the equaliser Liam Keogh and Stuart McCaffrey came close. Rangers survived and finished strongly. On two occasions Neil set up Wood but the striker shot wide.
Caley Thistle had to head for home with nothing to show for their long return trip.