Inverness CT 3 - 3 Partick Thistle

(Won 4 - 2 on pens.)
League Cup - Round 2
Wednesday, September 26th, 2001, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 1,034
Referee: M Ritchie
Inverness CT  Partick Thistle

Mike Teasdale (11)
Barry Robson (63)
Barry Robson (120)
Hardie (26)
Dolan (68)
McLean (114)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson John Lambie

Starting Eleven
Nicky Walker
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Mike Teasdale
Barry Robson
Roy McBain
Martin Bavidge
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie
David Klein
Richard Huxford
Alan Archibald
Stephen Craigan
Scott Paterson
Martin Hardie
Gerry Britton
Danny Lennon
Paul Walker
Jamie Dolan
Derek Fleming

Jim Calder
Graeme Stewart
Anthony Low
Neil MacDonald
David MacRae

Graeme Stewart for Stuart Golabek (77)
Neil MacDonald for Paul Ritchie (84)
McKinstry -> Hardie (81)
McLean -> Britton (105)
Elliot -> Walker (119)

Stuart Golabek (37)
Roy McBain (110)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Nicky Walker (GK) 4 apps -
Stuart Golabek 70 apps1 goal
Bobby Mann 99 apps8 goals
Ross Tokely 165 apps7 goals
Stuart McCaffrey 46 apps -
Barry Robson 92 apps12 goals
Mike Teasdale 208 apps19 goals
Roy McBain 51 apps4 goals
Dennis Wyness 81 apps39 goals
Paul Ritchie 11 apps5 goals
Martin Bavidge 92 apps14 goals
Graeme Stewart (sub) 12 apps -
Neil MacDonald (sub) 9 apps1 goal

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (22 years 208 days)
Oldest Player:Nicky Walker (2003 years 56 days)
Average Player Age:27 years 138 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (22 years 208 days)
Oldest Player:David MacRae (2003 years 56 days)
Average Player Age:32 years 24 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Barry Robson was the home hero with two match goals and the winning goal in the penalty decider. Nicky Walker had a nervy game but redeemed himself with two saves in the shoot-out. Caley Thistle took the lead in 12 minutes when Barry Robson sent a high cross from the left to the back post and Mike Teasdale headed over David Klein and into the net. Martin Hardie made it 1-1 in 26 minutes when he touched a knock-back from the goal line into the net under pressure from two defenders. Klein saved a Bobby Mann free kick in 52 minutes then three minutes later Mann headed low and not far past the post. Stuart Golabek cleared off the home line on the hour mark then in 63 minutes Robson made it 2-1. A Dennis Wyness pass set up Robson and he raced in on goal and made no mistake despite two defenders trying to force him off the ball. The lead only lasted five minutes. Derek Fleming sent a high ball from the left over the head of Nicky Walker and Jamie Dolan bundled it in at the back post. Other chances led to nothing so it was extra time. Six minutes into the first period a Teasdale run into the box gave Neil MacDonald a chance but he could not connect. A minute later Walker turned a low ball past the post and just before the break Klein had to run out and head the ball away ahead of Wyness. On 113 minutes Mann set up a Wyness shot but Klein spectacularly tipped over. A minute later Roy McBain handled in the box and Scott McLean scored with the resultant penalty. It looked all over until the last kick of the match when the ball popped out of the Partick box after a scramble and Robson blasted the equaliser from 20 yards. The penalty lottery went Caley Thistle's way when Robson scored the decisive goal to make it 4-2.