Gretna 0 - 5 Inverness CT

Challenge Cup Match
Saturday, August 2nd, 2003, 3:00 PM at Raydale Park
Attendance: 528
Referee: J Gilmour
Gretna Inverness CT

None. David Bingham (22)
Steven Hislop (54)
Paul Ritchie (55)
Richie Hart (60)
Richie Hart (81)

Team Managers
Unknown. John Robertson

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Steven Hislop

Ally Ridgers
Grant Munro
David Proctor
Charlie Christie
Darran Thomson

Gordon -> Cleeland (34)
Skinner -> Allen (79)
David Proctor for Ross Tokely (69)
Charlie Christie for Steven Hislop (72)
Darran Thomson for Paul Ritchie (76)


Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 45 apps -
Stuart Golabek 122 apps2 goals
Stuart McCaffrey 104 apps1 goal
Ross Tokely 240 apps17 goals
Bobby Mann 171 apps16 goals
Richie Hart 38 apps11 goals
Roy McBain 124 apps5 goals
David Bingham 1 app (debut)1 goal
Russell Duncan 74 apps1 goal
Steven Hislop 15 apps3 goals
Paul Ritchie 87 apps41 goals
David Proctor (sub) 1 app (debut) -
Charlie Christie (sub) 307 apps34 goals
Darran Thomson (sub) 1 app (debut) -

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (24 years 153 days)
Oldest Player:Mark Brown (2005 years 1 days)
Average Player Age:24 years 153 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:David Proctor (19 years 154 days)
Oldest Player:Darran Thomson (2005 years 1 days)
Average Player Age:27 years 25 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts
David Bingham(Signed )
Darran Thomson(Signed )
David Proctor(Signed )

David Bingham scored his first goal for the Club.

A long journey but an emphatic win for Caley Thistle in this first ever meeting with Gretna. The home side are now full time and with many close season signings they were seen as difficult opponents. The visitors dominated the early period but Gretna had a chance in 20 minutes when a Matt Henney shot was deflected for a corner. Caley Thistle went ahead two minutes later when David Bingham scored his debut competitive goal with a neat 20 yard chip over ‘keeper David Mathieson who was off his line. Any hopes Gretna had of a revival disappeared early in the second half when Caley Thistle scored two goals in a minute. Steve Hislop had already hit the post just after the break and he made it 2-0 in 54 minutes – a pass-back from David Holdsworth was intended for Mathieson but the ‘keeper failed to collect and Hislop stepped in to score into the empty net. Straight from the kick-off Paul Ritchie headed home a Roy McBain corner for number three. On the hour mark Richie Hart took a Ritchie pass and scored from close range then he scored his second in 81 minutes after a through ball from David Bingham. Gretna had created a good chance just before the fifth goal but Mark Brown saved bravely at the feet of Wayne Gordon.