Inverness CT 1 - 1 Falkirk

League Match
Saturday, February 3rd, 2001, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 1,913
Referee: J Rowbotham
Inverness CT  Falkirk

Dennis Wyness (67)
Andy Lawrie (13)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Alex Totten

Starting Eleven
Jim Calder
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart McCaffrey
Charlie Christie
Paul Sheerin
David Bagan
Roy McBain
Davide Xausa
Dennis Wyness

Les Fridge
Stuart Golabek
Graeme Stewart
Martin Bavidge
David Graham

David Graham for Davide Xausa (71)
Craig -> Roberts (67)
McAllister -> Burke (71)
Morris -> Henry (84)

None. G Hutchison

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Jim Calder (GK) 167 apps -
Bobby Mann 74 apps4 goals
Stuart McCaffrey 20 apps -
Ross Tokely 140 apps7 goals
Richard Hastings 208 apps2 goals
Roy McBain 26 apps2 goals
David Bagan 26 apps6 goals
Paul Sheerin 130 apps43 goals
Charlie Christie 222 apps28 goals
Dennis Wyness 55 apps18 goals
Davide Xausa 44 apps19 goals
David Graham (sub) 3 apps -

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (21 years 338 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Sheerin (2002 years 186 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 121 days
Domestic Players:10 (90.91 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (21 years 338 days)
Oldest Player:Dennis Wyness (2002 years 186 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 121 days
Domestic Players:15 (93.75 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Despite an excellent performance Caley Thistle could only manage a draw against a defensive Falkirk side. The first half was very even with the home side coming up against a resolute defence and Falkirk hitting on the break. Caley Thistle dominated the second half but could only manage one goal. They pressed from kick off but it was Falkirk who took the lead in 13 minutes. A Mark Roberts free kick was touched to Andy Lawrie in a crowded box and he netted from close range. In 23 minutes Paul Sheerin sent in a cross which Dennis Wyness met first time and Myles Hogarth held his angled shot. Wyness had a great chance to equalise on the half hour mark. A David Bagan shot rebounded to Wyness with a clear sight of goal but from 18 yards he shot just past. Five minutes later Falkirk broke but Alex Burke was caught offside. Close to half time a good move led to a Bagan ball across goal but everybody missed it. Straight from the restart a charge upfield led to a clever backheel from Paul Sheerin which set up Roy McBain. He was well placed but hit it low and past. Hogarth did well to hold a hanging ball from Bagan in 49 minutes but five minutes later he spilled a 25 yard shot from Charlie Christie. Wyness was on hand but his attempt on goal was blocked by the keeper then cleared for a corner. The pressure on the Falkirk defence continued unabated but it took until the 67th minute before the equaliser came. Bobby Mann intercepted in his own half and set Paul Sheerin off on a strong run. Sheerin crossed, Hogarth hesitated and Wyness headed into the net. Hogarth saved the day 5 minutes later when he dived to collect a Christie drive from 25 yards. Jim Calder had been a spectator for most of the match but he showed his class 3 minutes from time when he turned over a Lawrie volley. In 80 minutes Hogarth dived to punch out a Bagan angled drive then a Ross Tokely shot was blocked. Caley Thistle continued to outplay Falkirk right to the final whistle but could not score a second. A good draw against a top team but a victory would have been deserved.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Livingston 24 16 5 3 51 21 30 53
2. Falkirk 22 12 4 6 43 34 9 40
3. Ayr United 23 10 9 4 44 33 11 39
4. Inverness CT 24 8 9 7 50 39 11 33
5. Clyde 24 7 8 9 31 36 -5 29
6. Ross County 21 7 6 8 25 32 -7 27
7. Raith Rovers 23 7 5 11 29 34 -5 26
8. Airdrieonians 24 5 10 9 35 39 -4 25
9. Alloa Athletic 24 5 8 11 25 42 -17 23
10. Morton 23 4 6 13 18 41 -23 18