Dunfermline 1 - 1 Inverness CT

League Match
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 3:00 PM at East End Park, Dunfermline
Attendance: 4,921
Referee: Iain Brines
Dunfermline Inverness CT

Darren Young (28) Liam Fox (79)

Team Managers
David Hay

Starting Eleven
Darren Young
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Graham Bayne
Juanjo Carricondo

Derek Young
Michael Fraser
Stuart McCaffrey
Liam Keogh
Darran Thomson
Liam Fox
Ian Black
Bryan Prunty

Byrne -> Skerla (19)
Derek Young -> Tod (60)
Donnelly -> Mehmet (75)
Liam Fox for Richie Hart (71)
Ian Black for Russell Duncan (77)
Liam Keogh for Barry Wilson (84)

Wilson (39)
Young (51)
Donnelly (84)
Graham Bayne (9)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 106 apps -
Stuart Golabek 181 apps4 goals
Darren Dods 3 apps -
Ross Tokely 298 apps22 goals
Grant Munro 103 apps2 goals
Russell Duncan 126 apps2 goals
Barry Wilson 205 apps64 goals
Richie Hart 78 apps12 goals
Roy McBain 181 apps10 goals
Juanjo Carricondo 15 apps1 goal
Graham Bayne 15 apps3 goals
Ian Black (sub) 5 apps -
Liam Fox (sub) 3 apps2 goals
Liam Keogh (sub) 79 apps3 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (25 years 250 days)
Oldest Player:Grant Munro (2006 years 98 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 79 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (25 years 250 days)
Oldest Player:Bryan Prunty (2006 years 98 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 79 days
Domestic Players:18 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Life after Robbo

With John Robertson already off to Tynecastle, Donald Park stayed behind to take charge for one game.

It was a gutsy performance which saw Caley Thistle head home with a point. ICT started with the same team that beat Livingston. The main talking point of the day was the referee whose decisions led to much criticism and debate.

The early exchanges saw the home side have good attempts from Craig Brewster and Billy Mehmet with Mark Brown having to be on top form to tip the latter's 30 yard shot over the bar.

Caley Thistle were still finding their feet on the plastic but Juanjo was doing well running at The Pars defence and giving them a hard time of it. Graham Bayne was also working hard and Barry Wilson was making some fine runs down the right wing. But it was the home side who took the lead just before the half hour. Richie Byrne fed a through ball to Craig Brewster who in turn found Billy Mehmet and the midfielder passed the ball to Darren Young and his shot from 25 yards flew into the corner of the net.

ICT should have been level moments later when Richie Hart was left in the clear with only the goalkeeper to beat but the midfielder shot high and wide. Minutes later the referee was embroiled in controversy when Scott Wilson brought down Juanjo it took several minutes to sort things out before the free-kick was taken. No more incidents or goals so the second half began and this time the controversy was in the Caley Thistle box when Barry Nicholson went down after Mark Brown had gone for the ball. The referee obviously thought that Nicholson had taken a dive so gave nothing - strangely there was no yellow card.

ICT continued to look for an equaliser and Russell Duncan's fine run and shot and then Bayne's good effort saw Derek Stillie in the home goal having to look lively and make good saves from both efforts.

An equaliser was on the cards and it came in the shape of substitute Liam Fox, a goalscoring hero in the recent Kilmarnock fixture. Roy McBain's corner fell to Fox and his fine shot from the edge of the box took a deflection off Ross Tokely and landed in the back of the net. The goal was no more than Caley Thistle deserved for an excellent second half performance on a pitch that was now really tricky due to the incessant rain.

During the game we had a tale of two goalkeeping incidents. Firstly Mark Brown pulled off a tremendous save from a back header from Stuart Golabek which the ICT captain eventually managed to scramble back and clear before the ball finally went out for a corner kick and more bizarrely we had the sight of Pars keeper Derek Stillie doing a juggling act with the ball as he attempted to make sure that Barry Wilson did not find the back of the net. In the end a fine away point.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Celtic 13 11 1 1 35 13 22 34
2. Rangers 12 8 3 1 23 4 19 27
3. Aberdeen 12 6 4 2 14 12 2 22
4. Hibernian 13 6 3 4 20 20 0 21
5. Hearts 12 5 4 3 11 8 3 19
6. Kilmarnock 13 6 1 6 19 20 -1 19
7. Motherwell 13 4 2 7 17 20 -3 14
8. Dunfermline 13 3 4 6 10 17 -7 13
9. Inverness CT 13 3 3 7 14 20 -6 12
10. Dundee 13 3 3 7 14 22 -8 12
11. Livingston 12 2 3 7 11 20 -9 9
12. Dundee Utd 13 1 5 7 13 25 -12 8