Inverness CT 2 - 0 Dunfermline

League Match
Saturday, January 29th, 2005, 3:00 PM at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 5,449
Referee: Steve Conroy
Inverness CT  Dunfermline

Barry Wilson (35)
Craig Brewster (74)

Team Managers
Craig Brewster David Hay

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Graham Bayne
Juanjo Carricondo
Craig Brewster

Michael Fraser
Richard Hastings
Stuart McCaffrey
Roy McBain
Ian Black
Bryan Prunty
Bajram Fetai
Darren Young

Bajram Fetai for Juanjo Carricondo (76)
Bryan Prunty for Graham Bayne (82)
Roy McBain for Barry Wilson (88)
Ross -> Labonte (34)
Mehmet -> Hunt (55)
Young -> Christiansen (64)

None. Labonte

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 118 apps -
Grant Munro 115 apps2 goals
Stuart Golabek 193 apps5 goals
Darren Dods 15 apps -
Ross Tokely 307 apps22 goals
Russell Duncan 138 apps3 goals
Barry Wilson 216 apps65 goals
Richie Hart 90 apps14 goals
Juanjo Carricondo 27 apps5 goals
Craig Brewster 4 apps2 goals
Graham Bayne 27 apps6 goals
Roy McBain (sub) 191 apps10 goals
Bajram Fetai (sub) 2 apps -
Bryan Prunty (sub) 18 apps -

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (25 years 334 days)
Oldest Player:Graham Bayne (2006 years 182 days)
Average Player Age:32 years 127 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (25 years 334 days)
Oldest Player:Bryan Prunty (2006 years 182 days)
Average Player Age:31 years 70 days
Domestic Players:17 (94.44 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


SPL Football finally arrives in Inverness

This was the day that SPL football came to Inverness. The seemingly impossible task of upgrading Caledonian Stadium to SPL requirements in just two months was achieved thanks to herculean efforts by Tulloch's army of workmen and their sub-contractors. Despite snow, frost and a hurricane the revamped stadium was officially handed back to the club on 27 January by Tulloch chairman David Sutherland. Two days later a packed house was treated to a fine Caley Thistle victory against Dunfermline at the renamed Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Highland Council convener Alison Magee officially opened the 'new' stadium then it was on with the show.

The home side immediately took the game to Dunfermline. The first shot on goal came in the third minute when Graham Bayne headed on a Richie Hart free kick and Juanjo shot over. In five minutes Barry Wilson let fly from 40 yards but it sailed wide then a Lee Makel curling shot at the other end was held by Mark Brown.

Little was on target until 35 minutes when Barry Wilson scored a fantastic goal to give the home side a deserved lead. He headed down the left then cut inside past two defenders and with barely a glance at goal he sent a 25 yard angled shot into the top right corner of the net. Derek Stillie could do little as the ball took a hint of a curl and disappeared behind him.

Dunfermline achieved little for the rest of the half apart from a Makel shot over the bar in 39 minutes.

Half Time: 1-0

The visitors pushed upfield at the start of the second half and Mark Brown saved an angled shot from the lively Greg Ross. A long ball set Juanjo clear at the other end but he was forced wide and Stillie did well to block his shot.

In 50 minutes a Juanjo back-heel set Hart off on a long run towards goal but it ran too far and Stillie came out to collect. Stillie caught a Craig Brewster header two minutes later then, at the other end, Darren Dods blocked a shot from Andy Todd in the box.

Caley Thistle again began to dominate and in 71 minutes Barry Wilson tried to repeat his first half goal, but this time his low angled shot went just past. The pressure came off the home side when they went two ahead in 74 minutes. Russell Duncan passed from the left inside to Brewster and, with no break in his stride, the player/manager hit past Stillie from 12 yards. His second goal for the club assured the destination of the points.

Brewster's former team did not give up and their best effort came in 78 minutes when a 20 yard shot from Makel bounced off the bar. Three minutes later Darren Young slid the ball just wide of the post. Hart and Prunty combined well at the other end in 83 minutes and set up Dods, but his goal-bound shot was blocked.

The final chance came just into added time when Brewster sent the ball to Bajram Fetai beyond the back post and he slid to shoot but it had no power and was cleared.

Full Time: 2-0

The historic match ended 2-0 and Caley Thistle maintained eighth place, and more importantly, now a vital nine points above bottom club Livingston.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Rangers 24 18 5 1 51 11 40 59
2. Celtic 23 19 2 2 52 19 33 59
3. Hibernian 23 13 4 6 41 29 12 43
4. Hearts 24 10 8 6 27 21 6 38
5. Aberdeen 24 10 6 8 24 23 1 36
6. Motherwell 23 9 3 11 28 31 -3 30
7. Kilmarnock 23 9 2 12 31 39 -8 29
8. Inverness CT 24 6 7 11 27 35 -8 25
9. Dunfermline 24 5 6 13 21 36 -15 21
10. Dundee 24 5 6 13 26 45 -19 21
11. Dundee Utd 24 3 9 12 25 40 -15 18
12. Livingston 24 4 4 16 19 43 -24 16