Inverness CT 2 - 2 Kilmarnock

League Match
Saturday, August 20th, 2005, 3:00 PM at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium
Attendance: 4,119
Referee: Iain Brines
Inverness CT  Kilmarnock

Craig Brewster (39)
Craig Brewster (72)
Nish (70)
Boyd (73)

Team Managers
Craig Brewster Jim Jefferies

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Liam Fox
Ian Black
Craig Brewster
Craig Dargo

Michael Fraser
David Proctor
Tom Parratt
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Dennis Wyness
Rory McAllister

Dennis Wyness for Craig Dargo (71)
Russell Duncan for Ian Black (90)
Richie Hart for Craig Brewster (90)
Nish -> Naismith (8)
Invincibile -> Lilley (46)
Murray -> McDonald (63)

Ian Black (28)
Craig Brewster (55)
Greer (79)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 137 apps -
Ross Tokely 325 apps23 goals
Darren Dods 34 apps1 goal
Grant Munro 133 apps2 goals
Stuart Golabek 211 apps5 goals
Ian Black 17 apps -
Barry Wilson 234 apps69 goals
Liam Fox 12 apps4 goals
Roy McBain 209 apps11 goals
Craig Brewster 19 apps9 goals
Craig Dargo 4 apps -
Russell Duncan (sub) 151 apps3 goals
Richie Hart (sub) 107 apps14 goals
Dennis Wyness (sub) 160 apps80 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (26 years 172 days)
Oldest Player:Ian Black (2007 years 20 days)
Average Player Age:32 years 330 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:David Proctor (21 years 173 days)
Oldest Player:Rory McAllister (2007 years 20 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 17 days
Domestic Players:18 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Craig Brewster scores twice in the league match against Kilmarnock but it finishes all-square. Dennis Wyness returned to the club and was a surprise inclusion on the bench, but made an immediate impact when he set-up Brewster's second goal

A pulsating match played with all the passion and pace of a cup tie. There was a major boost for the home camp when Dennis Wyness was named in the squad following his arrival on loan from Hearts.

He played for 19 minutes and his first touch set up Craig Brewster's second strike – a strong contender for ‘goal of the season'. The player/manager was once more the local hero when he doubled his season's tally to four goals

Caley Thistle drove forward from the start and in the second minute an Ian Black cross just failed to set up Brewster. Two minutes later Brewster surged through but his low shot was cleared despite a deflection. Ex Killie man Craig Dargo sent an excellent cross from the right in ten minutes towards Brewster – a neat flick over the first defender was promising but a second defender cleared.

ICT had a real chance to go ahead in the 16 th minute when a penalty was given. Barry Wilson's ball into the box was handled needlessly by Gary Hay but it took the intervention of the referee's assistant before the award was made. Ross Tokely hit it low and to Alan Combe's left but the ‘keeper guessed correctly and pushed it away.

The pressure on the Killie defence continued and the breakthrough came in the 39th minute. Tokely crossed from the right, Brewster tried to head it then recovered to side-foot the ball neatly past Combe. Just on the break a low ball from the goal-line by Tokely was beaten away by Combe.

Kilmarnock were clearly given a severe ear-bashing at half-time as they were a different side in the second half. Their cause was helped by the introduction of Danny Invincible who caused all sorts of problems down the right.

A four minute spell settled the outcome of the points but not before a Colin Nish run was stopped by Darren Dods, Combe came out to collect ahead of Barry Wilson, Killie's Alan Johnston sent a curling 25 yard shot wide and both Nish and Black saw low shots held by the respective ‘keepers.

In 70 minutes Invincible sent a cross from the right and Nish controlled it before hitting high into the net from the back of the box.

A minute later Wyness came on to loud cheers and his first move ended with a pass to Brewster on the left edge of the box – with barely a check in his stride the player/manager hit an unbeatable shot past Combe and the home crowd roared their appreciation.

Killie took just one more minute to reply when Gary Hay crossed from the left and Kris Boyd headed the equaliser with the defence posted missing.

With five minutes left a Wilson pass reached Ian Black inside the box and Combe produced a terrific save to deny the young midfielder. Play was stopped for four minutes close to the end when Black took a serious knock and, after medical treatment on the pitch, he was stretchered off.

Liam Fox let fly from 25 yards two minutes over time but it cleared the bar. Five minutes over the 90 it was Kilmarnock who threatened but the combined efforts of Nish and Hay could not find a way through to shoot.

The final whistle sounded on a match to remember and ICT retained fifth spot. A fine advert for the SPL - if all football was like this grounds would be bulging around the country for every game.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 4 4 0 0 13 2 11 12
2. Rangers 4 3 0 1 9 4 5 9
3. Celtic 4 2 1 1 10 8 2 7
4. Kilmarnock 4 2 1 1 10 8 2 7
5. Inverness CT 4 2 1 1 5 3 2 7
6. Hibernian 4 2 1 1 6 5 1 7
7. Aberdeen 4 1 1 2 5 7 -2 4
8. Motherwell 4 1 1 2 10 13 -3 4
9. Dundee Utd 4 1 1 2 6 10 -4 4
10. Falkirk 4 1 0 3 3 7 -4 3
11. Dunfermline 4 0 2 2 2 4 -2 2
12. Livingston 4 0 1 3 1 9 -8 1