Change:  Go to:
03.01.2004 @ 15:00 Victoria Park, Dingwall Attendance: 6120
Ross County 1 - 0 Inverness CT
Referee: J Rowbotham League-match

Golabek (og 83) None.
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Michael Fraser
Grant Munro
Darran Thomson
David MacRae
Craig MacMillan
Bayne -> Higgins (63)
Gethins -> McGarry (75)
O'Donnell -> Winters (85)
Darran Thomson -> Liam Keogh (85)
Craig MacMillan -> Paul Ritchie (88)
Grant Munro -> Ross Tokely (89)
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
A great game for the neutral but disappointment for the large Caley Thistle travelling support. The visitors were on top in the first half but it was County who had the chances. County pressed hard in the second half and were finally rewarded. The first good chance fell to David Bingham in 12 minutes but Graeme Smith acrobatically turned over his curling shot. Paul Ritchie headed over in 22 minutes then four minutes later Liam Keogh took on the County defence single handed but shot wide. With six minutes of the first half left Countys David Winters was well placed at the back post but he hit the side netting. Seconds later County had a strong penalty claim turned down when Ross Tokely and Winters clashed. Three minutes later Mark Brown appeared to be fouled when a high ball reached him he dropped it and Winters shot was cleared off the line by Stuart McCaffrey. Just after the break Tokely appeared to barge Winters down but again no penalty was given. In 53 minutes Steve McGarry was clear at the back post but when the pass came from Winters he mishit. At the other end Barry Wilson sent two good balls in a row into the County box but one was blocked and the other ran past. The best shot and save of the match came in 70 minutes when Countys John Rankin hammered the ball towards the top corner from 30 yards but Mark Brown brilliantly tipped it over. The only goal of the game arrived seven minutes from time in bizarre circumstances. Conor Gethins collected a cross from the left wing at the back post and, as he attempted to turn it across goal, it hit off Stuart Golabek into the net. In the last few minutes John Robertson threw on three substitutes and his side pressed hard. The last chance came three minutes over time when a Russell Duncan free kick fell to Roy McBain with his back to goal he hooked the ball goalwards but Smith punched clear. Despite the defeat Caley Thistle managed to hold second place.