Hibernian 1 - 2 Inverness CT

League Match
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 3:00 PM at Easter Road, Edinburgh
Attendance: 11,683
Referee: Iain Brines
Hibernian Inverness CT

Fletcher (82) David Proctor (46)
Dennis Wyness (65)

Team Managers
Tony Mowbray Craig Brewster

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
David Proctor
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Liam Fox
Alan Morgan
Dennis Wyness
Craig Brewster

Michael Fraser
Richard Hastings
Tom Parratt
Richie Hart
Ian Black
Rory McAllister
Craig Dargo

Fletcher -> O'Connor (53)
Morrow -> Beuzelin (53)
Shiels -> Riordan (65)
Ian Black for Liam Fox (79)
Richie Hart for Barry Wilson (80)
Craig Dargo for Dennis Wyness (88)

Stewart (45) Craig Brewster (12)

Red Cards
None. Craig Brewster (66)
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 144 apps -
Darren Dods 40 apps1 goal
Grant Munro 140 apps3 goals
David Proctor 28 apps1 goal
Ross Tokely 331 apps23 goals
Russell Duncan 155 apps4 goals
Barry Wilson 241 apps71 goals
Alan Morgan 5 apps -
Liam Fox 19 apps5 goals
Dennis Wyness 166 apps83 goals
Craig Brewster 24 apps11 goals
Richie Hart (sub) 114 apps15 goals
Ian Black (sub) 22 apps -
Craig Dargo (sub) 10 apps -

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:David Proctor (21 years 216 days)
Oldest Player:Liam Fox (2007 years 63 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 60 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:David Proctor (21 years 216 days)
Oldest Player:Ian Black (2007 years 63 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 296 days
Domestic Players:17 (94.44 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

David Proctor scored his first goal for the Club.

David Proctor gets his first for the club, Dennis Wyness breaks the goalscoring record, and the gaffer gets sent off as ICT grab a vital 3 points against Hibs at Easter Road

A cracking game and three well-deserved points but it was a nervous last 24 minutes after Craig Brewster received his second yellow card.

Hibs were just back from a UEFA cup defeat in Ukraine but they fought hard and did not look a tired side. The verbally challenging Zbigniew Malkowski in the Hibs goal had more to do in the first half than Mark Brown but the teams changed ends goal-less. ICT took command very early in the second half and scored two record-breaking goals - David Proctor netted his first for the top team and Dennis Wyness created a club record with his 83rd. It was backs-to-the wall from Brewster's departure in the 66th minute but Hibs only managed a consolation.

The lively Ivan Sproule raced into the ICT box in the second minute and it took an excellent Alan Morgan tackle to avert the danger. A minute later Wyness collected a bad pass-back from Steven Whittaker and found Liam Fox on the left his shot was pushed for a corner by Malkowski.

Sproule earned a corner off Darren Dods seconds later then another Sproule run was ended by a timely Dods tackle. Play swung from end to end as Whittaker shot wide for Hibs in eight minutes and Wyness did the same before almost knocking in a Morgan pass.

Wyness headed past in 12 minutes then Hibs' Garry O'Connor lobbed over from an acute angle as Brown came out to close. A Russell Duncan high ball in 19 minutes was tipped over for a corner, a curling Wyness shot went just wide in 23 minutes then Barry Wilson set up Morgan on the half hour mark but his shot went low and wide.

Sproule continued to be Hibs main danger man and he sent an angled shot past the post in 35 minutes. David Murphy's angled shot went well over in 40 minutes then Malkowski saved a Wyness glancing header just before the half-time whistle.

Two minutes into the second half Brown blocked a Sproule shot in the box then ICT took the lead. A Proctor run down the right started the move then the ball reached Wyness via Brewster. Wyness's shot from the left was parried by the keeper and Proctor followed up to bundle the ball home.

In 53 minutes Ross Tokely shot low and just wide - he did well to come so close as he took a knock en route. The lead was extended in 65 minutes when Wyness took advantage of a mix-up between Chris Hogg and Malkowski the ball broke free and Wyness neatly lobbed in to make it 2-0.

Brewster departed the scene involuntarily a minute later and the game changed as Hibs saw a chance of recovery. The impressive Dods headed a Dean Shiels chip off the line in 75 minutes then he headed away a Gary Caldwell shot.

Shiels tried again in 77 minutes but Brown tipped it over. The pressure paid off eight minutes from time when substitute Steven Fletcher headed a corner in at the back post.

It was not all one way and Richie Hart relieved his defence in 85 minutes with a good run upfield he seemed to be brought down but nothing was given. Brown held a looping header then a bouncing dangerous ball before two Dargo forays into the Hibs box were thwarted.

In added time Brown collected a difficult ball from the left, Morgan cleared a Michael Stewart free kick and Fletcher hit miles over. The final whistle went and was met by loud cheers from the Caley Thistle fans. A good day out in the capital, a sweet victory and eighth place regained after a slip to ninth overnight.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 9 8 1 0 23 6 17 25
2. Celtic 9 7 1 1 24 9 15 22
3. Rangers 9 5 1 3 18 10 8 16
4. Hibernian 9 5 1 3 15 10 5 16
5. Kilmarnock 9 4 3 2 17 14 3 15
6. Aberdeen 9 3 3 3 12 11 1 12
7. Motherwell 9 3 2 4 21 21 0 11
8. Inverness CT 9 3 2 4 10 10 0 11
9. Dundee Utd 9 2 3 4 11 15 -4 9
10. Falkirk 9 1 3 5 7 19 -12 6
11. Dunfermline 9 1 2 6 7 19 -12 5
12. Livingston 9 0 2 7 2 23 -21 2