Change:  Go to:
15.10.2005 @ 15:00 Tulloch Caledonian Stadium Attendance: 6809
Inverness CT
1 - 1
Referee: Stuart Dougal League-match

Graham Bayne (73)
Smith (55)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
David Proctor
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Liam Fox
Alan Morgan
Dennis Wyness
Craig Dargo
Michael Fraser
Stuart Golabek
Tom Parratt
Richie Hart
Ian Black
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister
Graham Bayne -> Craig Dargo (60)
Ian Black -> Liam Fox (86)
Richie Hart -> Barry Wilson (87)
Lovell -> Mackie (62)
Winter -> Dempsey (75)
Stewart -> Crawford (80)
Yellow cards
Darren Dods (59)
Barry Wilson (85)
Red cards
None. none
Other statistics
7 Shots 10
5 Shots on goal 4
0 Offsides 0
1 Corner kicks 3
12 Free kicks 17
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Ian Broadfoot reports as Caley Thistle and Aberdeen share the points in this tussle at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Jamie Smith scored for the Dons but Graham Bayne equalised near the end after coming on as a sub.

An old football cliché summed up the day – Caley Thistle really did get out of jail thanks to substitute Graham Bayne’s 73rd minute equaliser.

In the dying minutes a surge towards Ryan Esson’s goal could have led to a winner but a draw was a huge relief after conceding most of the play to a good Aberdeen side.

The one thing Aberdeen could not do was shoot on target and Mark Brown had a quiet afternoon. The one exception was Jamie
Smith’s 55th minute wonder strike from 30 yards – it was a joy to behold for the visiting fans as it rose into the net and even the home fans acknowledged that it was a goal to remember.

With Craig Brewster suspended Craig Dargo came back into the starting line-up and the player/manager was forced to watch from the stand and communicate with the dug-out by mobile phone.

A through ball in the first minute reached Dargo but he was ruled offside. Stevie Crawford headed wide at the other end in six minutes then in twelve minutes Kevin McNaughton curled a shot wide after the home defence had blocked shots from McNaughton and Darren Mackie.

A foray towards the Aberdeen goal in 17 minutes saw a Dargo ball from the right wing elude the outstretched leg of Dennis Wyness. Back to the ICT end and a Scott Severin header went straight to Brown and a Smith low shot strayed wide.

A classic double shuffle from Wyness in 27 minutes made space to send in a curling ball which Dargo flicked into the air and Esson took high. From then until half-time it was mostly Aberdeen apart from a Dargo 25 yard shot which went wide in 39 minutes.

Five minutes into the second half Esson cleared from the left side of his box and it reached Wilson on the half-way line. He attempted the spectacular but it went wide with Esson scrambling back. An Alan Morgan curling free kick was held by Esson in 52 minutes before Smith’s classic strike in 55 minutes gave Aberdeen the

The Dons looked for a second but Caley Thistle slowly clawed their way back into the game. Liam Fox shot over in 67 minutes then Morgan hit a long low ball not far wide. As the home crowd grew restless salvation was at hand.

In 73 minutes Esson could only parry a David Proctor shot and Bayne hit high into the net from inside the six-yard box.

Aberdeen tried to get back on top but Crawford could only shoot wide and McNaughton hit high over the bar. With two minutes left Richie Hart set off down the left past three Aberdeen players then found Wyness inside – his shot was held by Esson.

Into added time Wyness was back assisting his defence then broke clear on a run down the left. He set up Hart who was supporting in the middle – as Hart prepared to shoot Russell Anderson stepped in to clear. There was still time for Esson to collect a Russell Duncan free kick amidst futile claims that he had handled outside this box.

A 1-1 draw was much appreciated by the home camp but Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood was furious that his side had not held on for victory.