Inverness CT 2 - 0 Raith Rovers

Scottish Cup - 3rd Round
Saturday, January 25th, 2003, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 2,146
Referee: D Smith
Inverness CT  Raith Rovers

Barry Robson (pen.) (66)
Dennis Wyness (70)

Team Managers
John Robertson Unknown.

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Robson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie

Michael Fraser
Charlie Christie
Graeme Stewart
Liam Keogh
Brian Gilfillan

Charlie Christie for Paul Ritchie (77)
Fyfe -> Patino (67)
Carrigan -> Brady (80)
Hawley -> Nanou (80)

None. Paquito

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 26 apps -
Stuart Golabek 105 apps1 goal
Stuart McCaffrey 85 apps -
Ross Tokely 221 apps16 goals
Bobby Mann 157 apps14 goals
Russell Duncan 62 apps1 goal
Richie Hart 23 apps6 goals
Barry Robson 151 apps22 goals
Roy McBain 106 apps5 goals
Paul Ritchie 69 apps32 goals
Dennis Wyness 141 apps73 goals
Charlie Christie (sub) 296 apps33 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 329 days)
Oldest Player:Dennis Wyness (2004 years 177 days)
Average Player Age:23 years 329 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 329 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Ritchie (2004 years 177 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 137 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


A place in the fourth round draw after a battle against a determined Raith side and the elements. It was windy throughout and the rain varied from light to torrential. Raul Ojeda had to race out of his area in the second minute to clear ahead of Dennis Wyness then a Paul McManus 18yard shot at the other end was blocked by Bobby Mann. In eight minutes a Barry Robson low ball was hit goalwards by Roy McBain but it was turned for a corner. Richie Hart’s inswinging corner was headed off the line. Bobby Mann shaved the post with a low 30 yard free kick in 16 minutes then four minutes later Paul Ritchie challenged Ojeda and won – he headed the ball into space but no one could collect. The best chance of the first half came in 35 minutes when a Ritchie header was saved at point blank range by Ojeda then close to half time the Raith ‘keeper dived low to punch away a Ritchie shot. Early in the second half Andy Smith came close twice in quick succession for the visitors. McManus sent in a high cross and Smith’s header hit the post then Mark Brown saved his low shot. Raith’s Francisco Ortiz closed in on goal in 55 minutes only to be stopped by a well-timed Stuart Golabek tackle. The deadlock was finally broken in 66 minutes when Wyness was held by Ojeda just inside the box and a penalty awarded. Robson’s low kick hit the back of the net. Five minutes later it was 2-0 when Robson crossed from the left and Wyness sent a glancing header wide of Ojeda. Robson seemed to be brought down by Ortiz a minute later but nothing was given. Raith did not give up and McManus should have scored 15 minutes from the end – he had a free shot just six yards out but hit over the bar. Substitute Graham Fyfe tried his luck a minute later from distance and it only just cleared the bar. With ten minutes left the rain took over and good football was virtually impossible. The last move of the game was a Robson lob from the left with Ojeda out of goal but he recovered to save. Not a classic by any means but John Robertson’s first cup tie in charge ended with a welcome win.