Livingston 1 - 1 Inverness CT

League Match
Saturday, October 22nd, 2005, 3:00 PM at City Stadium, Livingston
Attendance: 3,372
Referee: Mike Ritchie
Livingston Inverness CT

Pinxten (14) Alan Morgan (72)

Team Managers
Paul Lambert Craig Brewster

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Liam Fox
Alan Morgan
Dennis Wyness
Craig Brewster

Michael Fraser
Richard Hastings
David Proctor
Tom Parratt
Ian Black
Graham Bayne
Craig Dargo

Adam -> Dair (39)
Barrett ->Walker (61)
Scott -> Snodgrass (66)
David Proctor for Richie Hart (70)

Pinxten (43)
MacKay (58)
Strong (72)
Liam Fox (72)

Red Cards
none None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 146 apps -
Darren Dods 42 apps1 goal
Ross Tokely 333 apps23 goals
Grant Munro 141 apps3 goals
Alan Morgan 7 apps1 goal
Liam Fox 21 apps5 goals
Barry Wilson 243 apps71 goals
Richie Hart 116 apps15 goals
Russell Duncan 157 apps4 goals
Craig Brewster 25 apps11 goals
Dennis Wyness 168 apps83 goals
David Proctor (sub) 30 apps1 goal

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (26 years 235 days)
Oldest Player:Alan Morgan (2007 years 83 days)
Average Player Age:33 years 28 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:David Proctor (21 years 236 days)
Oldest Player:Mark Brown (2007 years 83 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 316 days
Domestic Players:17 (94.44 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

Alan Morgan scored his first goal for the Club.

Ian Broadfoot reports as Alan Morgan helps grab a point for Caley Thistle at Almondvale against Livingston with a late goal after Harald Pinxten had opened the scoring early in the first half.

For a long time it looked as if Livingston were going to record their first league win of the season but Alan Morgan's 72nd minute goal changed all that. It was an opportune moment for the youngster to record his first goal for the club and it set up a hectic last period. The home side's cause was not helped by Graham Barrett's injury just after Morgan's equaliser. Barrett was stretchered off with suspected cruciate ligament damage and, with three substitutes on the field, Livingston were forced to play for the last 15 minutes with ten men.

Craig Brewster returned to the Caley Thistle line-up after suspension and Grant Munro came back from injury. Richie Hart replaced David Proctor and Alan Morgan continued in place of the injured captain Stuart Golabek. Livingston player/manager Paul Lambert chose not to name himself despite reserve team outings on his way back from injury.

Caley Thistle started brightly and looked confident until Livingston took the lead in 13 minutes. Mark Brown touched a Robert Snodgrass header over the bar to concede a corner and Richard Brittain's kick from the left side was hit home by Harold Pinxten from six yards. This lifted the home side and they dominated the rest of the first half. Allan Walker could easily have extended the lead in 23 minutes when he was well placed on the right side of the box but he blasted it over the bar. A Richard Brittain free kick in 37 minutes led to Mark Brown making excellent saves from a glancing header and a strong follow-up shot. It was not all one way and in 38 minutes Liam Fox hit just wide from 25 yards. Close to the break a low shot from Morgan was pushed for a corner by Roddy McKenzie then a dipping Barry Wilson shot went just over.

Half Time: 1-0

In the period after the break Wilson shot just wide, an angled Fox drive was cleared by David MacKay, McKenzie held a Hart ball which was helped on by Brewster, Wilson again shot wide and another Fox effort shaved the post. At the other end a Derek Adams shot was blocked on the hour mark then a Paul Tierney close range flick went wide but looked as if it could have crept in. Dennis Wyness raced in on goal from the left in 67 minutes but his angled shot went wide. Caley Thistle's reward came in 72 minutes when Darren Dods was brought down 25 yards out by Greg Strong. A minor fracas ensued and both Strong and Fox were booked. Morgan's low free kick curled into the corner of the net despite McKenzie getting a hand to it. Graham Barrett's injury came with no one around him - his foot caught in the soft ground and he went down. After his enforced departure Caley Thistle tried to take advantage of the ten men but failed. Wilson sent in a sidefoot shot from 18 yards in 83 minutes but McKenzie dived to hold it. Brewster hit over the bar a minute later then a Wilson shot was blocked after he beat three defenders to create space. The three added minutes produced a wide shot from Wilson, a Brewster shot which was deflected clear and an angled Wyness ball which cleared the bar.

Full Time: 1-1

Livi were happy to take their third point of the season but felt they could have sealed the game in the first half. Caley Thistle were relieved to take something from a game that had looked lost but also felt they could have won. Caley Thistle remain eighth and Livingston stay rooted at the foot of the table.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 11 9 2 0 26 7 19 29
2. Celtic 10 7 2 1 25 10 15 23
3. Hibernian 11 7 1 3 20 12 8 22
4. Rangers 11 6 2 3 20 10 10 20
5. Kilmarnock 10 4 3 3 19 18 1 15
6. Motherwell 11 4 2 5 22 23 -1 14
7. Aberdeen 11 3 4 4 13 13 0 13
8. Inverness CT 11 3 4 4 12 12 0 13
9. Dundee Utd 11 3 4 4 14 16 -2 13
10. Falkirk 11 2 3 6 9 22 -13 9
11. Dunfermline 11 1 2 8 7 22 -15 5
12. Livingston 11 0 3 8 3 25 -22 3