Inverness CT 0 - 3 Falkirk

League Match
Wednesday, October 26th, 2005, 7:45 PM at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium
Attendance: 3,660
Referee: Dougie McDonald
Inverness CT  Falkirk

None. Thomson (22)
Duffy (70)
Moutinho (90)

Team Managers
Craig Brewster John Hughes

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Liam Fox
Alan Morgan
Dennis Wyness
Craig Brewster

Michael Fraser
Richard Hastings
David Proctor
Tom Parratt
Ian Black
Graham Bayne
Craig Dargo

Richard Hastings for Alan Morgan (46)
Graham Bayne for Liam Fox (61)
David Proctor for Richie Hart (70)
Lima -> O'Donnell (73)
O'Neil -> Latapy (73)
Moutinho -> Duffy (84)

None. Lawrie (36)

Red Cards
None. none
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 147 apps -
Darren Dods 43 apps1 goal
Ross Tokely 334 apps23 goals
Grant Munro 142 apps3 goals
Richie Hart 117 apps15 goals
Russell Duncan 158 apps4 goals
Alan Morgan 8 apps1 goal
Liam Fox 22 apps5 goals
Barry Wilson 244 apps71 goals
Craig Brewster 26 apps11 goals
Dennis Wyness 169 apps83 goals
Richard Hastings (sub) 234 apps2 goals
David Proctor (sub) 31 apps1 goal
Graham Bayne (sub) 44 apps8 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (26 years 239 days)
Oldest Player:Liam Fox (2007 years 87 days)
Average Player Age:33 years 32 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:David Proctor (21 years 240 days)
Oldest Player:Alan Morgan (2007 years 87 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 320 days
Domestic Players:17 (94.44 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Ian Broadfoot reports on the league match against Falkirk at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Falkirk were beaten on the opening day of the season by ICT, but revenge was theirs in this game as they dished out a heavy defeat to Caley Thistle.

For Falkirk this was a good performance and a fine win. For Caley Thistle it was a night to forget and the award of the 'Man of the Match' award to Falkirk's Craig McPherson told its own story. One "bright spot" was the switching on of two new floodlights.

Craig Brewster stuck by the team that took a point at Livingston but Falkirk made a number of changes. At the end Falkirk manager John Hughes was a happy man and Craig Brewster was 'gutted'.

It all started well although Falkirk's Russell Latapy was first to come close with a free kick in five minutes - his rising shot from 22 yards was wide of Mark Brown's right-hand post. Three minutes later it was Richie Hart's turn with a curling free kick which Falkirk 'keeper Matt Glennon punched clear. A minute later Barry Wilson beat two defenders and shot for goal - Glennon did well to hold his hard effort. Craig Brewster's glancing header was off target, a Liam Fox lob went wide right then a Dennis Wyness 18 yard shot went low and beyond the post. The home confidence was brought to an abrupt halt by Falkirk's opening goal in 22 minutes. Somehow Steven Thomson raced through the middle onto a Latapy through ball without an offside flag and, with futile claims being made, he ran on and hit the ball low past Brown. The stand-side assistant referee was to be reminded of this seeming injustice by the home fans for the rest of the match. The goal not surprisingly gave Falkirk confidence. Brown held a Latapy free kick in 26 minutes then took the ball at the feet of Thomson in 34 minutes. The best home efforts were close to the half-time whistle when a Russell Duncan long shot was blocked and the follow-up moves led to an off-target header from Wyness.

Half Time: 0-1

In the second half the home side continued to try everything but nothing came off. A Wyness angled shot was blocked in 48 minutes, the same player lobbed over in 51 minutes then five minutes later Wilson tried to lob Glennon as he came out but he hit wide. In between Andy Lawrie headed wide of Brown's goal following a Latapy corner. The good home spell continued and Wilson hit wide from 20 yards before substitute Graham Bayne sent a glancing header over the bar just after coming on. Successive shots from Hart and Bayne were blocked in 64 minutes before Falkirk hit on the break to go two ahead in 69 minutes. Darryl Duffy ran down the left then played a neat one-two with Latapy before curling the ball past Brown. Wyness headed over the bar in 71 minutes and Brewster did the same in 78 minutes. Falkirk were content to soak up all pressure and rarely troubled Brown until another counter attack in stoppage time led to a third goal. Vitor Lima set substitute Pedro Moutinho off from the half-way line and he raced goalwards. On the left of the box he neatly drew two defenders, headed right then hit low past Brown. A great goal for the neutrals but not the home fans.

Full Time: 0-3

Eighth place was retained but the lower teams have been picking up points.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 12 10 2 0 27 7 20 32
2. Celtic 12 9 2 1 31 10 21 29
3. Hibernian 12 8 1 3 22 13 9 25
4. Rangers 12 6 3 3 22 12 10 21
5. Aberdeen 12 4 4 4 15 13 2 16
6. Kilmarnock 12 4 3 5 19 20 -1 15
7. Motherwell 12 4 2 6 22 28 -6 14
8. Inverness CT 12 3 4 5 12 15 -3 13
9. Dundee Utd 12 3 4 5 14 18 -4 13
10. Falkirk 12 3 3 6 12 22 -10 12
11. Dunfermline 12 1 2 9 8 24 -16 5
12. Livingston 12 0 4 8 5 27 -22 4