Change:  Go to:
03.12.2005 @ 15:00 Fir Park, Motherwell Attendance: 4103
0 - 2
Inverness CT
Referee: Steve Conroy League-match

none Craig Dargo (63)
Craig Dargo (88)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Ian Black
Alan Morgan
Craig Brewster
Craig Dargo
Michael Fraser
Stuart McCaffrey
Richie Hart
Liam Fox
Dennis Wyness
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister
Clarkson -> Hamilton (33)
Kinniburgh -> Craigan (70)
McBride -> Fagan (74)
Richie Hart -> Alan Morgan (61)
Liam Fox -> Barry Wilson (89)
Yellow cards
none None.
Red cards
none None.
Other statistics
17 Shots 9
6 Shots on goal 5
0 Offsides 4
9 Corner kicks 3
10 Free kicks 5
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Craig Dargo scores a second half double to grab all three points for the Caley Jags in this match at Fir Park, Motherwell. The result takes Caley Thistle into the top 6 of the SPL. Ian Broadfoot reports from the game.

A smash and grab raid at Motherwell took the three points and hoisted Caley Thistle up into the magic top six. Motherwell should have turned at half time in the lead but they squandered several chances and were denied by their former ‘keeper Mark Brown.

Craig Brewster brought himself back into the starting eleven in place of Graham Bayne and Alan Morgan came in for David Proctor.

The Steelmen started well and in less than a minute Alan McCormack sliced wide from just inside the box. Four minutes later Shaun Fagan hit wide from 12 yards with only Brown to beat. Brian Kerr hit past the post in 12 minutes then in 22 minutes Brown tipped over an 18 yard drive from Fagan. David Clarkson was the next sinner as he hit wide from 12 yards. A minute before the whistle McCormack shot straight at Brown then Darren Dods cleared off the line from Scott McDonald.

Caley Thistle created very little in the first half and Motherwell ‘keeper Graeme Smith had an easy time – Barry Wilson shot wide, Dods struck the side netting and Ian Black hit off target.

Into the second half and Motherwell were unlucky when a Brian Mclean goal-bound shot was deflected onto the post by Ross Tokely. The home side were stunned in 63 minutes when Caley Thistle took the lead. Brewster sent a ball through for Craig Dargo who stayed onside and hit it through Smith’s legs. Smith saved well from Black in 74 minutes then Clarkson nearly equalised with a header that came off the post.

The game was over in 88 minutes when Dargo scored his second – Richie Hart sent a square pass from the right and Dargo hit the ball between Smith and the post. A fine afternoon’s work and revenge for September’s 2-1 home defeat.