Inverness CT 0 - 1 Partick Thistle

Scottish Cup - Quarter Final Replay
Tuesday, March 5th, 2002, 7:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 5,037
Referee: J Rowbotham
Inverness CT  Partick Thistle

None. Paterson (68)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson John Lambie

Starting Eleven
Nicky Walker
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart McCaffrey
Charlie Christie
David Bagan
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie

Jim Calder
Stuart Golabek
Graeme Stewart
Martin Bavidge
Neil MacDonald

Martin Bavidge for Stuart McCaffrey (64)

Nicky Walker (85)
Fleming (86)
Hardie (86)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Nicky Walker (GK) 27 apps -
Ross Tokely 188 apps11 goals
Bobby Mann 122 apps11 goals
Stuart McCaffrey 71 apps -
Grant Munro 25 apps1 goal
Charlie Christie 269 apps32 goals
Russell Duncan 31 apps1 goal
Roy McBain 75 apps5 goals
David Bagan 53 apps11 goals
Paul Ritchie 34 apps19 goals
Dennis Wyness 106 apps52 goals
Martin Bavidge (sub) 114 apps18 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 3 days)
Oldest Player:David Bagan (2003 years 216 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 176 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 3 days)
Oldest Player:Nicky Walker (2003 years 216 days)
Average Player Age:33 years 224 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Bitter disappointment for Caley Thistle as they missed the chance of a Hampden semi-final against Rangers. Scott Paterson saved Partick at Firhill with his first goal for the club to take the match to a replay. His second goal won the tie. Heavy rain left the pitch very wet and put the match in doubt � a late inspection ruled it playable but it was a close call. Despite the heavy ground both sides played good football although shots on target were limited. Danny Lennon raced into the home box in the third minute but David Bagan made a saving tackle. Partick�s Scott McLean shot low past the post in 7 minutes from 25 yards then a Roy McBain ball into the Partick box was cleared. In 15 minutes a high Ross Tokely cross from the right went just beyond Paul Ritchie. At the other end Nicky Walker pushed a Martin Hardie shot for a corner in 23 minutes then Scott Paterson headed past. Two minutes later Russell Duncan ran from the right into the centre but his shot was blocked by Kenny Arthur. In 28 minutes Charlie Christie set up a Bagan run and shot but Arthur collected at the second attempt. A good move in 33 minutes started with a Bagan interception on the halfway line then a Dennis Wyness blocked shot � it fell to Tokely but his low ball was deflected for a corner. The best home chance of the first half came with a Bobby Mann free 25 yards out in 38 minutes after Wyness had been fouled - it flew past the post. Just after the interval a low Christie drive was saved by Arthur then in 55 minutes a Paterson headed goal was offside. The only goal of the game came in 67 minutes after Mann brought down Gerry Britton 25 yards out. Paterson�s superb strike soared over the wall and into the net with Walker stranded. Play became a little ragged after that but Duncan did hit a superb 30 yard angled shot in 83 minutes � Arthur saved well. Seconds later Walker collected at the left edge of his box under pressure from McLean but was ruled to have handled outside the area � he was booked then made a diving save when the free kick led to a long shot from Stephen Craigan. Derek Fleming needed attention for two minutes then both Hardie and Fleming were booked for time wasting at a throw � despite this there was only one minute of added time. Partick booted the ball away for the last few minutes and held out to win. Not a classic cup tie but a brave home performance at the end of an exciting cup run.