Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Inverness CT

Scottish Cup - Round 4 Replay
Tuesday, March 6th, 2001, 7:00 PM at Rugby Park, Kilmarnock
Attendance: 6,528
Referee: D McDonald
Kilmarnock Inverness CT

Kevin McGowne (60)
Paul Wright (pen 64)
Davide Xausa (51)

Team Managers
Bobby Williamson Steve Paterson

Starting Eleven
Jim Calder
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart McCaffrey
Charlie Christie
Paul Sheerin
David Bagan
Roy McBain
Davide Xausa
Dennis Wyness

Ci Giacomo
Les Fridge
Stuart Golabek
Mike Teasdale
Barry Robson
Martin Bavidge

McCoist -> Wright (81)
Hay -> Mahood (87)
Martin Bavidge for David Bagan (78)
Barry Robson for Paul Sheerin (78)

None. Stuart McCaffrey
Davide Xausa

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Jim Calder (GK) 169 apps -
Stuart McCaffrey 22 apps -
Ross Tokely 142 apps7 goals
Richard Hastings 210 apps2 goals
Bobby Mann 76 apps4 goals
Roy McBain 28 apps2 goals
David Bagan 28 apps6 goals
Paul Sheerin 132 apps43 goals
Charlie Christie 224 apps28 goals
Davide Xausa 46 apps20 goals
Dennis Wyness 57 apps18 goals
Barry Robson (sub) 72 apps8 goals
Martin Bavidge (sub) 69 apps13 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (22 years 4 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Sheerin (2002 years 217 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 152 days
Domestic Players:10 (90.91 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (22 years 4 days)
Oldest Player:Martin Bavidge (2002 years 217 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 355 days
Domestic Players:15 (93.75 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


At the third attempt Kilmarnock knocked Caley Thistle out of the cup. The visitors started well and in 5 minutes Ross Tokely headed wide. In 17 minutes Killie's Alan Mahood also headed past and in 23 minutes Jim Calder blocked a Paul Wright effort with his legs. On the half-hour mark Dennis Wyness sent in an angled shot from the right but Gordon Marshall saved. The best chance of the half came just before the whistle when Calder tipped over an angled shot from Mahood. The visitors took the lead 6 minutes into the second half. Richard Hastings sent a long cross from the left towards the back post, Davide Xausa controlled it well then drilled the ball into the net from close range. This acted as a spur to Kilmarnock and they equalised on the hour. Calder came out to take a corner and seemed to be impeded, Kevin McGowne headed in as the defence tried vainly to cover the line. Four minutes later Hastings brought down Chris Cocard in the box and Paul Wright hammered home the resultant penalty. Caley Thistle had a chance 8 minutes from the end when substitute Barry Robson was felled just outside the penalty area. Bobby Mann took the free kick and it curled onto the post. Peter Canero hit the bar for Killie two minutes later. A good performance by Caley Thistle but the cup dream is over for another year.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot