Change:  Go to:
20.03.1999 @ 15:00 Station Park, Forfar Attendance: 504
Forfar Athletic 0 - 3 Inverness CT
Referee: I Elmslie League-match

None None.
Starting Lineup
None None.
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Caley Thistle clinched all 3 points in the closing minutes of this match but Forfar made them fight all the way. Bobby Mann made his mark inside two minutes when he brought down Martin McLauchlan on the left edge of the box. Andy Cargill took the free kick and it whistled past the post. A minute later Scott McLean shot low past the post at the other end. On the 14 minute mark Teasdale was brought down 30 yards out after a powerful run. Bobby Mann took the free kick and keeper Jim Moffat could only knock it away. Martin Glancy followed up and his shot was also blocked by Moffat. It rebounded to McLean who netted with a powerful low header. A goalmouth scramble in 26 minutes gave Forfar a chance but the defence held out as the ball crashed off the bar and Graeme Ferguson could only hit it over. A minute later Les Fridge had a rare save as he held a McLauchlan shot at the second attempt. The first chance of the second half fell to Glancy in 47 minutes. He played a neat one-two with Robson but Moffat came out to collect before he could shoot. On the 70 minute mark Glancy outran Rattray at the other end but his shot hit off Moffat as he came out to block. In 77 minutes a Ferguson free kick was cleared by Teasdale with 10 Forfar players in the Caley Thistle half. With Forfar still trying hard Caley Thistle sealed it with two goals. In 88 minutes a Sheerin corner was headed on by Cherry and McLean scored with a diving header in a crowded goalmouth. A minute later Sheerin closed in on the Forfar goal, thought about a pass but instead decided to shoot - his terrific strike went in low at Moffats left hand post. As results filtered through Caley Thistle discovered that they had reached the top of Division 2 on goal difference from Livingston. With 6 games left promotion is in sight.