Change:  Go to:
16.10.2004 @ 15:00 Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen Attendance: 9530
Inverness CT
1 - 3
Referee: Iain Brines League-match

Roy McBain (36)
Adams (28)
Adams (pen 64)
Mackie (pen 90)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Graham Bayne
Bryan Prunty
Michael Fraser
Darren Dods
Liam Keogh
Darran Thomson
Liam Fox
Ian Black
Juanjo Carricondo
Juanjo Carricondo -> Bryan Prunty (70)
Ian Black -> Russell Duncan (76)
Liam Keogh -> Stuart McCaffrey (86)
Craig -> Clark (67)
Pasquinelli -> Foster (79)
Stewart -> Adams (85)
Yellow cards
Stuart Golabek (60)
Stuart McCaffrey (70)
Mark Brown (80)
Tosh (-)
Red cards
None. None
Other statistics
6 Shots 8
3 Shots on goal 3
0 Offsides 0
4 Corner kicks 5
14 Free kicks 12
0 Penalties 2
Match report
Aberdeen’s first ever ‘away’ game at Pittodrie.

The heavy pitch survived two inspections and the game went ahead. Once again Caley Thistle gave maximum effort but the need for an out-and-out goalscorer is clear. There was a cracking goal from Roy McBain but numerous missed chances.

John Robertson made two changes from the side which drew with Motherwell - Juanjo Carricondo and Liam Keogh were relegated to the bench with Bryan Prunty and Roy McBain on from the start.

The game got off to a lively start but both teams had difficulty on what was a very wet pitch. Aberdeen had the better of the early chances with Steve Tosh and Scott Severin both having chances but the early highlight was the superb reaction save from Mark Brown when he managed to tip a great effort from Derek Adams over the bar.

The deadlock was broken just before the half hour when Adams worked a fine one-two with Chris Clark, cleverly turned Stuart McCaffrey and slotted the ball home from close range.

ICT reacted and captain Stuart Golabek moved upfield and saw his fierce drive tipped round the post by David Preece. Minutes later and joy for the home support as their favourites got right back into the game with a brilliant equalising goal from midfielder Roy McBain who hit a superb drive from 25 yards which went in at the post.

Caley Thistle began the second half in fine form and took the game to the visitors. Richie Hart had a fine effort saved by the goalkeeper and Bryan Prunty was unlucky with a header.

Midway through the half and disaster struck when Brown was adjudged to have brought down Darren Mackie inside the box. Adams scored his second goal of the afternoon from the penalty spot.

ICT made every effort in an attempt to get back into the game as they searched for an equaliser but they were now finding it very difficult on the heavy pitch.

In the final minute of the match Caley Thistle lost a third goal. Golabek was dispossessed in the midfield and in his effort to get back to retrieve the situation he impeded Darren Mackie inside the penalty area. It was a clear penalty and Mackie stepped up to send the ball past Brown.

Another game in which ICT matched the opposition for long spells but defensive errors which cost them dearly.