Change:  Go to:
13.08.2005 @ 15:00 East End Park, Dunfermline Attendance: 5005
0 - 1
Inverness CT
Referee: Craig Thomson League-match

none Liam Fox (42)
Starting Lineup
Darren Young
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Ian Black
Craig Brewster
Craig Dargo
Derek Young
Michael Fraser
David Proctor
Tom Parratt
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Liam Fox
Steven Hislop
Tarachulski -> Donnelly (61)
Derek Young -> Burchill (72)
Hunt -> Skerla (81)
Liam Fox -> Richard Hastings (25)
Steven Hislop -> Craig Dargo (79)
Richie Hart -> Barry Wilson (85)
Yellow cards
Makel (58) Barry Wilson (37)
Ian Black (58)
Ross Tokely (60)
Red cards
none None.
Other statistics
9 Shots 6
4 Shots on goal 3
3 Offsides 6
11 Corner kicks 3
12 Free kicks 11
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Club Historian Ian Broadfoot reports on the match against Dunfermline at East End Park. This game saw the return of manager Craig Brewster to his old stomping ground and Dunfermline's first home game of the season on real grass after being told to replace the plastic pitch.

Last November Liam Fox came off the bench and scored at Dunfermline to earn Caley Thistle a point. He did the same at Kilmarnock and Dundee but this time he went one better. He replaced the injured Richard Hastings in the 25th minute and his goal just before half time proved to be the winner.

This was Dunfermline 's first home game of the season after reluctantly replacing their plastic pitch with grass. The Pars pushed forward from the start and in 10 minutes Greg Shields headed over from 12 yards after good work by Simon Donnelly down the left.

A Lee Makel corner in 14 minutes was headed goalwards by Scott Thomson but Mark Brown tipped it over.

Four minutes later a Stuart Golabek header at the other end was taken by Bryn Halliwell. Mark Burchill shot high over the visitors' bar in 21 minutes then Golabek hit wide of Halliwell's goal.

Close to the break ICT substitute Liam Fox collected a Darren Dods pass at the edge of the Dunfermline box and drove a tremendous shot past Halliwell. A Darren Young shot hit Darren Dods as the whistle loomed and the home fans claimed hand ball – the referee disagreed.

Into the second half and in 53 minutes Halliwell took two attempts to save Craig Dargo's turn and shot. Dunfermline 's closest effort of the second period came in 70 minutes when Makel hit the bar from 30 yards.

Six minutes from time a Makel 25 yard shot went narrowly past. Another excellent ICT performance and fifth place retained.