Inverness CT 2 - 0 Motherwell

Scottish Cup - Rd 4
Monday, January 18th, 2010, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium
Attendance: 1,450
Referee: Iain Brines
Inverness CT  Motherwell

Nauris Bulvitus (43)
Dougie Imrie (62)

Team Managers
Terry Butcher Craig Brown

Starting Eleven
Ryan Esson
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
David Proctor
Nauris Bulvitus
Russell Duncan
Lee Cox
Johnny Hayes
Adam Rooney
Richie Foran
Dani Sanchez
O Brien

Kyle Allison
Robert Eagle
Daniel Stratford
Dougie Imrie
Eric Odhiambo

Dougie Imrie for Johnny Hayes (40)
Robert Eagle for Dani Sanchez (66)
Murphy => Saunders (46)
Sutton => Humphrey (63)
Forbes => Coke (69)

Nauris Bulvitus (53)
O Brien (56)
Hateley (66)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Ryan Esson (GK) 53 apps -
Nauris Bulvitus 27 apps4 goals
David Proctor 116 apps8 goals
Ross Tokely 499 apps33 goals
Grant Munro 311 apps10 goals
Russell Duncan 307 apps9 goals
Johnny Hayes 26 apps4 goals
Lee Cox 28 apps2 goals
Adam Rooney 64 apps17 goals
Dani Sanchez 24 apps6 goals
Richie Foran 42 apps10 goals
Robert Eagle (sub) 15 apps3 goals
Dougie Imrie (sub) 72 apps10 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Lee Cox (19 years 211 days)
Oldest Player:Grant Munro (2011 years 172 days)
Average Player Age:25 years 274 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Lee Cox (19 years 211 days)
Oldest Player:Dani Sanchez (2011 years 172 days)
Average Player Age:25 years 318 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

Dougie Imrie reached 10 goals for the Club.

Active Cup of Cheer...

After an involuntary winter break it was back to football action at the Caledonian Stadium tonight as ICT faced Motherwell in the Active Nation Scottish Cup 4th Round.

A goal just before half-time from Nauris Bulvitis would prove to be the winner but Dougie Imrie made sure by netting a second for ICT in 62 minutes ....

It’s Kilmarnock next for ICT in the Scottish Cup after a fantastic performance, and result, this Monday against Craig Brown’s Motherwell. For ICT, three changes were made since their last game, against Dundee, with Ross Tokely, returning after breaking his hand, coming in for Lionel Djebi-Zadi at left back. Jonny Hayes and Russell Duncan also both returned to the starting XI, replacing Eric Odhiambo, who dropped to the bench, and Stuart Duff, who returned to Aberdeen after his brief loan spell. With the big freeze looking like it’s over and done with, ICT will be delighted that this long anticipated match finally went ahead. Some revenge was to gain for ICT after ‘well hit a late equalizer in one of the final games of last season, a win that would have kept ICT in the SPL. Another late winner for ‘well against us came in the CIS cup between these two sides earlier this season, Ross Forbes with a cracking late winner to progress the Steelmen into the next round.

The match begun slowly and there was a shout for a penalty midway through the first half, a brilliant deep cross from Jonny Hayes from the right, Richie Foran and Steve Saunders seemed to tangle at the back-post, Foran hit the deck but referee Brines refused to point to the spot. A fantastic chance for Danni Sanchez in the 31st minute, some more good work from speedy winger Hayes on the right and his cut back was scuffed well wide from the Spaniard. The first shot on target came a few minutes later, but for the away side, Lee Cox being dispossessed on the edge of the area by Lukas Jutkiewicz but the on-loan Everton hit-man’s drive was turned round the post by Ryan Esson. Five minutes before half-time, Dougie Imrie replaced Jonny Hayes who picked up a slight knock, a change that would prove vital in the coming minutes. The opening goal came just two minutes later. A beautifully whipped in corner by Imrie was nodded back across goal by the returning Tokely, Adam Rooney’s attempted overhead kick was cleared off of the line, only for Nauris Bulvitis to smash in the opening goal.

Half Time 1-0

After the break, temporary ‘Well manager Craig Brown re-shuffled his squad with Jamie Murphy replacing Steve Saunders on the wing. Imrie passed up a glorious chance to make it 2-0 just after the break. A cross from the left from Foran but Imrie’s skewed header beat the back post. With half-an-hour left to play, ‘Well nearly levelled, a mis-hit cross from Jim O’Brien whipped all the way to the back-post, evading everyone, but Russell Duncan managed to head the ball off of the line to keep ICT’s one-goal advantage intact. The second goal came when Imrie was taken down by a crunching challenge, calling for treatment; he managed to drag himself off of the deck when Duncan played a pass out to him. He suddenly sparked into life, beating the defenders around the 18 yard box, before calmly slotting the ball past John Ruddy to all but secure ICT’s place in the next round. Making a “shhh” gesture towards the fans in the north stand.

Full Time 2-0

Motherwell pushed and pushed to try and beat the ICT defence, but impressive displays from Nauris Bulvitis and Ryan Esson ensured a clean sheet was kept and the match was won. Despite recent rumours of Dougie Imrie leaving the club, he said that he was fully committed to the club, stating that he hasn’t heard any of these rumours and has not yet talked to other clubs about a possible move.

Match report written by tm4tj