Inverness CT 2 - 0 Queens Park

Scottish Cup - Rd 2
Saturday, January 3rd, 1998, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 1,281
Referee: J Fleming
Inverness CT  Queens Park

Iain Stewart (55)
Barry Robson (72)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Unknown.

Starting Eleven
Jim Calder
Richard Hastings
Paul Cherry
Vetle Andersen
Mark McCulloch
Davie Ross
Mike Teasdale
Barry Robson
Sandy Robertson
Iain Stewart
Brian Thomson
L Hamilton
R Caven
D King
I Maxwell
J Mercer
D Arbuckle
S Edgar
G Orr
P McNamee
G Miller
P O'Brien

Barry Wilson
Wayne Addicoat
Duncan Shearer
D Ferry
K Finlayson
J Conroy

Barry Wilson for Davie Ross (71)
Wayne Addicoat for Barry Robson (75)
D Ferry -> G Orr (83)

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Jim Calder (GK) 93 apps -
Vetle Andersen 21 apps -
Paul Cherry 60 apps7 goals
Richard Hastings 109 apps2 goals
Mark McCulloch 18 apps1 goal
Sandy Robertson 5 apps -
Barry Robson 10 apps2 goals
Davie Ross 95 apps10 goals
Mike Teasdale 79 apps6 goals
Iain Stewart 107 apps66 goals
Brian Thomson 73 apps24 goals
Barry Wilson (sub) 57 apps10 goals
Wayne Addicoat (sub) 35 apps4 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Richard Hastings (20 years 235 days)
Oldest Player:Mark McCulloch (1999 years 154 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 50 days
Domestic Players:9 (81.82 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Wayne Addicoat (18 years 205 days)
Oldest Player:Sandy Robertson (1999 years 154 days)
Average Player Age:28 years 203 days
Domestic Players:12 (85.71 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


With storms sweeping Scotland this was one of the few cup ties to survive. Gales and rain dominated the first half and there were few shots on goal. In 9 minutes Iain Stewart was sent clear by Paul Cherry but his attempt to chip Lindsay Hamilton was saved. The best first half chance fell to Brian Thomson in 40 minutes when a Sandy Robertson cross reached him in the box but his close range shot went past. The weather improved slightly in the second half and in a 3 minute flurry of quality football the Inverness side scored twice. In 52 minutes Davie Ross crossed from the right to Barry Robson on the edge of the box his first shot was blocked but at the second attempt he hit a superb shot into the net via the underside of the bar. Three minutes later it was 2-0. Roberston played a 1-2 with Ross, another 1-2 with Thomson then sent the ball across goal where Stewart was on hand to knock it in. There was a fright at the other end 3 minutes later when Jim Calder saved at the feet of Scott Edgar. In 66 minutes Hamilton saved a close range shot from Stewart. In 81 minutes Thomson was well placed in the box after an excellent Robertson pass but he hit it past the post. Queens created very little and this was a well deserved win for the home side who now play non-league Annan Athletic in Inverness on the 24th January.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot