Change:  Go to:
18.10.2003 @ 15:00 Palmerston Park, Dumfries Attendance: 3547
Queen of the South 3 - 2 Inverness CT
Referee: E Mack League-match

Bagan (65)
O'Connor (68, 74)
Paul Ritchie (54)
David Bingham (89)
Starting Lineup
P Burns
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Steven Hislop
Ally Ridgers
Grant Munro
Liam Keogh
Darran Thomson
Craig MacMillan
Wood -> O'Connor (83) Darran Thomson -> Steven Hislop (77)
Liam Keogh -> Barry Wilson (83)
Craig MacMillan -> Paul Ritchie (83)
Yellow cards
None David Bingham (60)
Red cards
None None.
Match report
This top of the table clash came to life in the second half and went the way of the home side. A Barry Wilson cross in six minutes nearly fooled the defence but it was booted clear by Jim Thomson. The rest of the half was rather tame with few chances an Alex Burke chip was saved by Mark Brown and Colin Scott held a deflected long range Wilson effort. Caley Thistle took the lead in 54 minutes when a Paul Ritchie 25 yard shot was deflected past Colin Scott. David Bagan came back to haunt his old club in 65 minutes when he took a half clearance first time on the edge of the box and hammered it into the bottom corner to equalise. A Paul Burns shot from the left was turned in from five yards by Sean OConnor three minutes later to make it 2-1 as Queens grew in confidence. A Joe McAlpine low ball was held by Brown then Scott saved a Steve Hislop 20 yard drive. Burns set up OConnor again in 74 minutes and he slipped the ball past Brown for 3-1. As time ran out David Bingham turned and twisted past the defence before his 12 yard shot was saved well by Scott. With a minute left Bingham again took on the defence, ran left into the box and hit a low ball into the net from an acute angle to make it 3-2. There was still time for another Queens attack and Brown saved from Burke in the last move of the game. This victory put Queens top and Caley Thistle slipped to second.