Change:  Go to:
06.12.2003 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1745
Inverness CT 4 - 1 Queen of the South
Referee: S Conroy League-match

Steven Hislop (49)
Stuart McCaffrey (55)
Steven Hislop (76)
Barry Wilson (84)
Wood (5)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
David Bingham
Steven Hislop
Michael Fraser
Grant Munro
Darran Thomson
Paul Ritchie
Craig MacMillan
Paul Ritchie -> Steven Hislop (87)
Craig MacMillan -> David Bingham (87)
Darran Thomson -> Barry Wilson (88)
O'Connor -> Wood (70)
Talbot -> McColligan (75)
Yellow cards
None. Thomson
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Caley Thistle took a clear two point lead at the top of Division One with this comprehensive victory but nothing went right until the second half. In the fifth minute a partial clearance by Stuart Golabek fell at the feet of Steve Bowey 15 yards out. Boweys off-target shot went in off Gary Wood to give Queens the lead. Bowey had a great chance to make it 2-0 in 11 minutes but he shot over from 12 yards. Queens massed defence thwarted everything that Caley Thistle could throw at them until half time and they created good chances on the break. Close to half time James Thomson appeared to handle in the box but play was waved on. Things improved for the home fans four minutes into the second half when a Russell Duncan ball into the box was turned past Kris Robertson by Steve Hislop. Six minutes later a high corner by Barry Wilson from the left was touched over the line by Stuart McCaffrey for his fourth goal of the season. Robertson saved a low shot from Golabek in 57 minutes then in 68 minutes Liam Keogh ran through and shot wide. A goal looked on the cards in 70 minutes when Robertson dropped a Keogh cross from the right but despite a scramble no one could take full advantage. Derek Lyle should have equalised in 72 minutes when he was clean through and no offside flag was raised he eventually shot wide under no pressure. In 75 minutes Wilson ran in from the right and sent a cross-goal ball to Hislop in space - he made it 3-1 with a low shot from 10 yards. With six minutes left a clever flick pass from David Bingham set up Wilson and he scored his 50th goal for the club with a neat slip past the keeper. As the final whistle approached Keogh tried from long range but shot wide then substitute Darran Thomson forced a good save from Robertson. The other four games in the Division were draws and this allowed Caley Thistle to pull away marginally from the pack.