Change:  Go to:
17.04.2004 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 2126
Inverness CT 4 - 1 Queen of the South
Referee: G Mitchell League-match

Steven Hislop (39)
David Bingham (40)
Barry Wilson (65)
Steven Hislop (81)
Burke (78)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
David Bingham
Steven Hislop
Michael Fraser
Grant Munro
Liam Keogh
Paul Ritchie
Darren Mackie
Liam Keogh -> Richie Hart (65)
Darren Mackie -> Barry Wilson (66)
Paul Ritchie -> David Bingham (70)
Burke -> Payne (58)
Thomson -> Gibson (72)
Yellow cards
Bobby Mann (60)
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Two goals in 45 seconds set up this win on a cold windy day against a lively Queens side. The score was a repeat of Decembers match and once more Steve Hislop scored twice. Barry Wilson was set up by David Bingham in the fourth minute but his angled close range shot cleared the bar. Queens keeper Craig Samson dived to push round a Richie Hart free kick in the eighth minute then in 16 minutes Harts through ball sent Wilson clear in on goal. He was one-on-one with the keeper but shot low and well wide from 15 yards. Two minutes later Queens had a chance when a Stephen Payne corner was quickly returned to him and his cross was punched away by Mark Brown. Steve Boweys follow up shot was blocked. Willie Gibson closed in on the Caley Thistle goal from the right in 25 minutes but instead of the expected cross he shot hard the swerving ball forced a punch away from Brown. David Bingham volleyed over the bar on the half hour mark then Brown pushed a Payne shot for a corner. The deadlock was broken in 39 minutes when Bingham slipped a neat reverse pass to Hislop on the edge of the box and he shot past Samson with the aid of a deflection. 45 seconds later Hart crossed from the right and Bingham headed home from six yards for 2-0. The wind strengthened in the second half and it was in Caley Thistles favour. In the 65th minute a long high ball from Bobby Mann reached Wilson just outside the Queens box. He controlled it first time but pulled a hamstring in the process. Despite the obvious pain he ran forward and stroked it past Samson. At 3-0 the game was effectively over and so was Wilsons involvement. Queens scored a consolation goal in 78 minutes when Paul Burns crossed low from the left and substitute Alex Burke hit it in from six yards out. Hislops second goal came three minutes later but most of the credit went to Roy McBain. McBain shot hard from 30 yards and Samson pulled off a tremendous save. The keeper could not hold it and Hislop was on hand to net from the rebound. With three minutes left substitutes Liam Keogh and Paul Ritchie combined to create a chance. Keogh crossed from the left and Ritchie had a sight of goal from 15 yards. He was quickly shut down and his shot was deflected for a corner. Clyde matched the 4-1 result against Raith Rovers and the gap remains four points with four games left. St Johnstone drew with Ross County and now lie a further five points adrift. It now looks like it is back to a two horse race.