Change:  Go to:
01.05.2004 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 2631
Inverness CT
0 - 0
Referee: A Freeland League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
Liam Keogh
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Michael Fraser
Grant Munro
David Proctor
Darran Thomson
Steven Hislop
Steven Hislop -> Paul Ritchie (66)
David Proctor -> Ross Tokely (77)
Darran Thomson -> David Bingham (84)
Creaney -> McAnespie (54)
McStay -> MacSween (77)
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. Neil Scally (61)
Match report
A hard fought draw in the May Day sun and the only point taken from Falkirk all season. Despite playing with 10 men for the last half hour the visitors held out against a Caley Thistle team which did everything but score. In the first minute a Barry Wilson free kick caused danger but James Sharp headed clear. In 16 minutes David Bingham beat three defenders then centred for Paul Ritchie John Hughes headed to safety. Mark Brown punched away Craig McPhersons free kick three minutes later. Richie Hart blasted over the bar in 29 minutes then a Ritchie header was deflected for a corner. Ritchie then headed wide and just after that he flicked it first time over the bar after Liam Keogh had dribbled past three defenders. Despite the hectic first half neither keeper was really tested. Caley Thistle dominated the second half and immediately after the break Bingham managed a touch onto a short header from Hughes which was meant for Darren Hill. To the Falkirk player/managers relief it went just wide. In 50 minutes Ross Tokely and Keogh combined to set up a Bingham chance he found space 15 yards out but his on-target shot was blocked by Hill. Jason Lee fell on top of Brown a minute later and the keeper needed medical attention to a head wound before continuing. A goal looked like coming on the hour mark but Harts 25 yard shot rattled the bar. Neil Scallys dismissal a minute later forced Falkirk to regroup but still they held out. Hart was on-target in 67 minutes but Hill pushed his strong shot up in the air then caught it on the way down. Substitute Steve Hislop looked odds-on to score in 72 minutes when Roy McBain raced down the left and cut it back to the six yard line Hislop took it first time and hit just wide. Falkirk hit occasionally on the break but the main pressure was always on Hills goal. In 84 minutes Bobby Mann took time out from his tussle with Lee to stride forward and set up Hart but his low shot was deflected for a corner. Into added time and a McBain shot was turned for a corner by McPherson then McBain tried again from 25 yards but Hill was there to collect. No goals and a chance lost. Clyde only managed a 1-1 draw at Ayr and the two point gap remains. The Broadwood game next week should be a cracker and will almost certainly decide the title.