Change:  Go to:
17.11.2001 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 4513
Inverness CT 3 - 0 Ross County
Referee: A Freeland League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
A convincing win for Caley Thistle against a poor County side and the margin of victory could have been much higher. In the fourth minute Richard Hastings tried a long shot which was well held by Jim Calder and the veteran keeper had little to do for the rest of the game. In seven minutes Tony Bullock held a deflected ball from Ross Tokely then the same player hit it miles over the bar a minute later. At the other end a glancing Brian Irvine header went past the post in 15 minutes then three minutes later Mike Teasdale shot not far past the County goal. Caley Thistle had a number of chances before the first goal came in 37 minutes. Russell Duncan hit a low ball into the County area from the right and Mark McCormicks attempted clearance was sliced into his own net. Countys only other first half shot came in 41 minutes when a Steven Hislop low effort from 22 yards went just past. The second half was all Caley Thistle despite two County substitutions at half-time and a third not long into the second period. David Bagan celebrated his first game of the season with a superb performance and he could have scored a minute into the second half. A clever move between Paul Ritchie and Dennis Wyness gave him a chance a few yards out but he hit it over the bar. Any chance County had of salvaging something disappeared in 59 minutes when Wyness made it 2-0. Ian Maxwell just reached the ball ahead of Bagan but as Mark Perry tried to clear he was robbed by Wyness who ran on and hit a low ball past Bullock. Two minutes later Wyness set up Barry Robson but the ball was intercepted in the nick of time. Bullock made his best save of the game in 67 minutes when he tipped over a Ritchie header. In 74 minutes it was 3-0 after Ritchie set Roy McBain off down the left. He cut the ball back from the line and Wyness hit it first time past Bullock from the penalty spot. There was a strange incident in 74 minutes when Calder watched a Don Cowie free kick hit the back of the net the kick had been indirect and Calder was correct to stand well clear. County were by now down and out and the question was only whether Caley Thistle could score more despite several chances the score remained 3-0 and Caley Thistle moved back to third place, seven points clear of County in second bottom place.