Inverness CT 2 - 2 Clyde

League Match
Saturday, December 23rd, 2000, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 1,588
Referee: M Ritchie
Inverness CT  Clyde

David Bagan (45)
Davide Xausa (79)
Chris Aitken (73)
Phil Cannie (76)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Alan Maitland

Starting Eleven
Jim Calder
Richard Hastings
Bobby Mann
Stuart McCaffrey
Charlie Christie
Mike Teasdale
Paul Sheerin
David Bagan
Roy McBain
Davide Xausa
Dennis Wyness

Les Fridge
Ross Tokely
Stuart Golabek
Barry Robson
Martin Bavidge

Barry Robson for Paul Sheerin (74)
Ross Tokely for Mike Teasdale (80)
Crawford -> Kane (65)
Cannie -> Bingham (65)
Dunn -> Convery (86)

None. B Halliwell
B Smith
P Keogh
J Henry

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Jim Calder (GK) 166 apps -
Richard Hastings 204 apps2 goals
Stuart McCaffrey 15 apps -
Bobby Mann 69 apps3 goals
Paul Sheerin 125 apps41 goals
Roy McBain 21 apps2 goals
Mike Teasdale 185 apps18 goals
Charlie Christie 217 apps28 goals
David Bagan 21 apps6 goals
Davide Xausa 40 apps17 goals
Dennis Wyness 50 apps13 goals
Ross Tokely (sub) 137 apps7 goals
Barry Robson (sub) 68 apps7 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Richard Hastings (23 years 225 days)
Oldest Player:Bobby Mann (2002 years 144 days)
Average Player Age:29 years 69 days
Domestic Players:10 (90.91 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (21 years 296 days)
Oldest Player:Bobby Mann (2002 years 144 days)
Average Player Age:26 years 266 days
Domestic Players:15 (93.75 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

Dennis Wyness played his 50th major competitive game for the Club.

After a slow start this game came to life in the second half. Caley Thistle took the lead in the last seconds of the first half when Davide Xausa crossed low from the left and David Bagan slid in to score. Earlier good Caley Thistle moves had foundered against a tight defence. Two minutes into the second half Clyde's Mark McLaughlin headed over after a corner on the right. In 56 minutes Dennis Wyness seized on a poor clearance and first-time volleyed over the bar. Clyde equalised with a low Chris Aitken shot in 73 minutes then three minutes later took the lead through a Phil Cannie header. Xausa made it 2-2 in 79 minutes with a fine solo goal. He strode down the left, cut inside and hit it low past Halliwell from 25 yards. Xausa should have scored a winner in 83 minutes when he was one-on-one with Halliwell but his low attempt at goal came off the keepers foot. Substitute Barry Robson hit a strong shot just over with two minutes left and time ran out and it remained 2-2.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts

No games played.