Inverness CT 1 - 1 Clyde

League Match
Saturday, November 21st, 1998, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 2,268
Referee: E Martindale
Inverness CT  Clyde

Barry Wilson (25)
Ritchie McCusker (80)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Alan Maitland

Starting Eleven
Jim Calder
Andrew Allan
Charlie Christie
Mike Teasdale
Paul Cherry
Barry Wilson
Paul Sheerin
Gary Farquhar
Hugh Robertson
Scott McLean
Wayne Addicoat

Barry Robson
Duncan Shearer
Martin Bavidge

Barry Robson for Barry Wilson (57)
Duncan Shearer for Wayne Addicoat (84)
Martin Bavidge for Charlie Christie (88)
Barratt -> Cranmer (68)
Rice -> Convery (68)
McHarg -> Carrigan (73)

Hugh Robertson
Gary Farquhar

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Jim Calder (GK) 131 apps -
Andrew Allan 5 apps -
Mike Teasdale 114 apps9 goals
Hugh Robertson 8 apps -
Gary Farquhar 10 apps -
Paul Cherry 92 apps14 goals
Barry Wilson 94 apps21 goals
Paul Sheerin 38 apps11 goals
Charlie Christie 137 apps23 goals
Wayne Addicoat 49 apps4 goals
Scott McLean 47 apps20 goals
Barry Robson (sub) 33 apps5 goals
Martin Bavidge (sub) 10 apps1 goal
Duncan Shearer (sub) 40 apps12 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Charlie Christie (32 years 244 days)
Oldest Player:Hugh Robertson (2000 years 111 days)
Average Player Age:32 years 244 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Charlie Christie (32 years 244 days)
Oldest Player:Hugh Robertson (2000 years 111 days)
Average Player Age:32 years 244 days
Domestic Players:14 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


An end to end battle with honours even. The home side had the edge in the first half but Clyde fought back and deserved a point. In 5 minutes Paul Sheerin sent over a cross from the left and Wayne Addicoat flicked it over the bar. Four minutes later the ball broke to Sheerin on the edge of the Clyde area but his shot veered past. The pressure continued and a Scott McLean glancing header whistled past in 13 minutes. Clyde's responses were an Allan Grant shot well over in 16 minutes and a free kick from Andy McLay in 18 minutes which Jim Calder punched away. The opening goal came in 25 minutes when Barry Wilson ran down the right, slipped it to Addicoat and ran on; he was at the back post to knock it home when Addicoat crossed. The home side had chances to kill the game before half time but could not extend their lead. The best came on the half-hour mark when Wylie took the ball off the feet of Wilson. A good Clyde run just before half time gave Brian Carrigan an opening but he mishit. Both sides created chances after half-time but the visitors began to dominate. In 61 minutes Ritchie McCusker ran free on the right and headed for goal. Calder came out to meet him and forced his shot past the post. Three minutes later Barry Robson had an opening 22 yards out at the other end but he mishit. McCusker made it 1-1 in 80 minutes when he rifled in a low cross from Allan Grant. The last 10 minutes were hectic. In 85 minutes Jim Calder blocked a Grant shot but it broke to Scott McHarg but his shot came off the bar. Two minutes from time the home defence just managed to scramble the ball clear and well into injury time a Martin Bavidge shot was tipped past the post by the Clyde keeper. In the end 1-1 was fair and the 8 point gap remains

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts

No games played.