Inverness CT 1 - 0 Clyde

League Match
Saturday, November 30th, 2002, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 2,829
Referee: K Clark
Inverness CT  Clyde

Barry Robson (80)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Unknown.

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Barry Robson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie

Ally Ridgers
Stuart McCaffrey
Charlie Christie
Anthony Low
Liam Keogh

Liam Keogh for Paul Ritchie (78)
Charlie Christie for Richie Hart (78)
Convery -> Bossy (72)

None. Keogh

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 20 apps -
Stuart Golabek 99 apps1 goal
Bobby Mann 151 apps12 goals
Ross Tokely 215 apps15 goals
Grant Munro 52 apps1 goal
Barry Robson 145 apps21 goals
Richie Hart 18 apps6 goals
Roy McBain 100 apps5 goals
Russell Duncan 59 apps1 goal
Paul Ritchie 63 apps30 goals
Dennis Wyness 135 apps70 goals
Liam Keogh (sub) 14 apps -
Charlie Christie (sub) 291 apps33 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 273 days)
Oldest Player:Grant Munro (2004 years 121 days)
Average Player Age:23 years 273 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (23 years 273 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Ritchie (2004 years 121 days)
Average Player Age:30 years 81 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

Roy McBain played his 100th major competitive game for the Club.

It was always going to take something special to win this game and it came ten minutes from the end from the foot of Barry Robson. The winger’s purple patch continued throughout and he earned the points with a spectacular free kick over the Clyde wall from 22 yards. The home side were in the driving seat for most of the game but Clyde stood up to the challenge and were quick to attack on the break. It was fast and hard from the kick-off and the first real chance fell to Clyde player/manager Alan Kernaghan in seven minutes – he headed down a Jack Ross corner but it went past the post. The first home shot came in 12 minutes when a Dennis Wyness effort was blocked by John Potter. Wyness headed wide in 21 minutes and Paul Ritchie headed over just after the half hour mark. Seconds later David Hagen cleared a Robson corner off the line. A Bobby Mann free kick from 25 yards close to half time went over the bar. A minute into the second half Bryn Halliwell tipped away a high shot from Richie Hart then three minutes later Kernaghan headed over following a Hagen corner from the right. Halliwell pushed away shots in 51 and 67 minutes from Wyness. Mark Brown had an easy afternoon at the other end but he did stop a strong shot from Ross in 77 minutes. Clyde spent most of the second half on the back foot and looked like holding out until Robson struck ten minutes from time. Robson was brought down on the edge of the “D” and all expected a trademark blast from Mann. Robson took it instead and hit it high and wide of Halliwell. Clyde’s best chance of grabbing a point came two minutes into injury time following a Hagen corner from the left. Colin Nish’s header was cleared off the line by Russell Duncan and as the danger was finally cleared the whistle blew. A fine win and top place retained.


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Inverness CT 16 12 1 3 39 13 26 37
2. Falkirk 16 11 3 2 34 14 20 36
3. Clyde 16 8 4 4 26 15 11 28
4. St. Johnstone 16 7 4 5 15 9 6 25
5. Ayr United 16 6 4 6 15 17 -2 22
6. Queen of the South 16 6 3 7 21 24 -3 21
7. St. Mirren 16 5 4 7 21 33 -12 19
8. Ross County 16 3 6 7 16 18 -2 15
9. Arbroath 16 2 4 10 13 29 -16 10
10. Alloa Athletic 16 2 3 11 8 36 -28 9