Change:  Go to:
05.04.2003 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1656
Inverness CT 1 - 0 Queen of the South
Referee: A Freeland League-match

Ross Tokely (42)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie
Steven Hislop
Michael Fraser
Charlie Christie
David Bagan
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
Liam Keogh -> Steven Hislop (53)
Russell Duncan -> Roy McBain (63)
Charlie Christie -> Dennis Wyness (81)
McLaughlin -> Atkinson (70)
Paton -> Weatherson (75)
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
A narrow victory against a lively Queens side which could easily have taken a point. Barry Robson was suspended so Steve Hislop wore the number 11 shirt. After a slow start Queens should have taken the lead in 11 minutes when Peter Weatherson mishit 10 yards out with only Mark Brown to beat. In 16 minutes a Richie Hart painful block set up a Paul Ritchie run on goal he flicked it past the advancing Colin Scott but was forced wide and his angled low shot was cleared off the line by Derek Allan. Ritchie was again well placed in 21 minutes but Allan stepped in to clear. A short back pass in 23 minutes nearly proved fatal for Queens but Colin Scott took it just ahead of Roy McBain. Scott saved from Ritchie four minutes later then Brown produced a good stop from a Derek Lyle angled effort. The deadlock was broken three minutes from half-time when Ross Tokely rose to head home a McBain corner from the right. Liam Keogh came on in 53 minutes and he had a chance a minute later he raced onto a poor back pass but Scott dived on it just inside his area. In 67 minutes a Hart low shot on the turn was held by Scott. Brown touched the ball over from a Steve Bowey shot in 71 minutes. Caley Thistle could find no way to kill off the Doonhamers but Keogh came close twice in the closing minutes. He hit a low shot from 20 yards just inches past then an angled ball was deflected for a corner after he ran past three defenders. Ritchie scored but the whistle had gone then a minute over time a Bowey diving header went just past the post. Rather an anti-climax after the Celtic game but a welcome three points.