Change:  Go to:
20.09.1997 @ 15:00 Palmerston Park, Dumfries Attendance: 1150
Queen of the South 2 - 0 Inverness CT
Referee: M McCurry League-match

Cherry (og 51)
Bryce (64)
Barry Wilson (63)
Starting Lineup
Kennedy (McAllister 59)
Les Fridge
Richard Hastings
Iain MacArthur
Vetle Andersen
Mark McCulloch
Charlie Christie
Davie Ross
Paul Cherry
Barry Wilson
Iain Stewart
Duncan Shearer
Mike Noble
Brian Thomson
Wayne Addicoat
McAllister => Kennedy (59) Brian Thomson -> Duncan Shearer (81)
Mike Noble -> Paul Cherry (88)
Wayne Addicoat -> Davie Ross (88)
Yellow cards
Barry Wilson (65)
Iain MacArthur (65)
Davie Ross (65)
Red cards
Rowe Charlie Christie (65)
Match report
Caley Thistle were unlucky to take nothing from this bottom of the table clash. It was a fast, furious and skilful game worthy of the other end of the Division. The visitors started well and nearly took the lead in the 2nd minute when a Wilson shot from 15 yards crashed off the bar. In 18 minutes Queens Derek Townsley hit a low shot just past the post. 10 minutes later Stephen Mallan should have done better when he took a Townsley pass in the box but he hit it harmlessly past the post. In 32 minutes Stewart took a Christie pass then weaved back and forth in the box looking for a sight of goal but in the end shot past. Six minutes into the second half Queens took a barely justified lead courtesy of a Cherry own goal. A Bryce 30 yard free kick was parried by Fridge Cherry slid in to clear but knocked it into the net. The game flared up in the 55th minute when Christie was impeded by David Kennedy on the edge of the box. Christies retaliation earned him a red card and Kennedy left the field concussed. George Rowes intervention led to his dismissal. The visitors equalised in 63 minutes when Wilson lobbed over the advancing David Mathieson from 18 yards. From the restart Queens attacked and Bryce made it 2-1 with a powerful 18 yard drive. The match raged on with chances at both ends and in 76 minutes McCulloch sent in a great 20 yard hook shot but Mathieson tipped it over. 7 minutes later McCulloch skied an 18 yard shot well over. In 86 minutes Fridge made a double save from Flannigan and Mallan but Cherry was caught up in the scramble and stretchered off with a head injury. The visitors tried to salvage a point and in the dying seconds a Stewart off-balance shot from 8 yards was tipped past by Mathieson. There were claims that Stewart had been impeded but the referee was not impressed. Caley Thistle now prop up the Division but better days have to be around the corner.