Change:  Go to:
19.09.1998 @ 15:00 Forthbank Stadium Attendance: 916
Stirling Albion 0 - 1 Inverness CT
Referee: D McDonald League-match

None None.
Starting Lineup
None None.
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Caley Thistle retained top spot in the Second Division with this hard-fought win. Shearers 38th minute goal was poor reward for Caley Thistles first half superiority. In the first minute a good Caley Thistle attack was cleared by Philliben. In 9 minutes Hastings played a 1-2 with Sheerin in the box but Paterson took it off his foot. In 18 minutes Paterson sent over a wicked cross from the right Jim Calder held it at the second attempt. McLean began to make his mark and in 21 minutes he sent over a 25 yard cross/shot but it went just over. 5 minutes later his 20 yard low shot was deflected but held by McGeown. In 38 minutes Wilson ran down the left and sent in a cross Cherry met it with his head but the keeper tipped it over. Wilson took the corner and Shearer headed in for 1-0. Stirling had a rare chance just before half time when Bone was well placed on the 18 yard line but he snatched at it and it sailed past the post. The second half was very even as Stirling came into the game and they had early chances. Tokely headed back to Calder in 46 minutes under pressure from Bone then did well to clear a Hendry cross. In 57 minutes Hastings hit a long pass out of defence to McLean he ran on and shot but McGeown saved well. There was danger in the Caley Thistle box in 59 minutes and Bone should have scored. Bradley set him up but Calder narrowed the angle and saved the shot with his foot. In 70 minutes McLean had a good run at the other end but he shot past. On the half hour mark a Wilson cross from the right was meant for McLean but he was beaten to it by Martin. Stewart looked sharp when he came on and he had two chances. In 41 minutes he played a 1-2 with Cherry but his shot was blocked. With a minute left a good run and shot was cleared by Martin for a corner. Time ran out for Stirling and Caley Thistle deservedly took full points.