Arbroath 1 - 1 Inverness CT

League - Championship
Saturday, February 24th, 2024, 3:00 PM at Gayfield Park, Arbroath
Attendance: 1,539
Referee: Kevin Clancy
Arbroath Inverness CT

Adam Mackinnon (82) Cameron Harper (94)

Team Managers
Jim McIntyre Duncan Ferguson

Starting Eleven
Max Boruc
Gordon Walker
Scott Stewart
Connor Teale
Colin Hamilton
David Gold
Craig Slater
Innes Murray
Adam Mackinnon
Ryan Dow
Kyle Robinson
Mark Ridgers
Remi Savage
Cameron Harper
Cameron Kerr
James Carragher
Daniel Devine
Sean McAllister
Charlie Gilmour
Alex Samuel
Aribim Pepple
Nathan Shaw

Dereek Gaston
Ricky Little
Michael McKenna
Leighton McIntosh
Mark Stowe
Charlie Reilly
Jay Bird
Cameron Mackay
Wallace Duffy
Aaron Doran
Austin Samuels
Billy Mckay

Ricky Little -> Colin Hamilton (54)
Charlie Reilly -> Innes Murray (58)
Michael McKenna -> David Gold (66)
Jay Bird -> Kyle Robinson (66)
Aaron Doran for Charlie Gilmour (58)
Billy Mckay for Aribim Pepple (63)

Craig Slater (37)
Ricky Little (77)
Michael McKenna (80)
Alex Samuel (49)
Cameron Kerr (76)
Daniel Devine (83)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Ridgers (GK) 265 apps -
Daniel Devine 204 apps7 goals
Remi Savage 5 apps1 goal
Cameron Harper 149 apps10 goals
Cameron Kerr 5 apps1 goal
James Carragher 6 apps -
Sean McAllister 4 apps -
Charlie Gilmour 32 apps2 goals
Alex Samuel 4 apps4 goals
Aribim Pepple 4 apps -
Nathan Shaw 77 apps14 goals
Aaron Doran (sub) 385 apps57 goals
Billy Mckay (sub) 278 apps109 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Aribim Pepple (21 years 66 days)
Oldest Player:Mark Ridgers (33 years 207 days)
Average Player Age:25 years 129 days
Domestic Players:4 (36.36 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Aribim Pepple (21 years 66 days)
Oldest Player:Billy Mckay (35 years 133 days)
Average Player Age:26 years 79 days
Domestic Players:6 (37.50 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

Cameron Harper reached 10 goals for the Club.

Harper saves the day

After last night's result at Firhill, this game took on an even more significant role with far reaching consequences for teams caught up in the collateral damage. To add insult to injury at Firhill, Partick can feel particularly aggrieved after an astonishing display of incompetence by the match officials who should be asked to resign with immediate effect. Brian Graham had two perfectly legitimate goals chalked off by shockingly poor refereeing decisions. I couldn't care less about Graham or Partick, but those decisions could be crucial come the end of the season and neither Arbroath or ourselves will be happy about the end result borne out of sheer incompetence, 3-1 for Dunfermline.

Gayfield is a difficult enough place to go to with a full squad, therefore Duncan Ferguson had his work cut out today with a number of players unavailable including the suspended Max Anderson and a depleted bench of four outfield players. However Alex Samuel returned to the starting XI with Billy Mckay dropping to the bench. Arbroath were without Tam O'Brien but top strikers Michael McKenna and Leighton McIntosh were on the bench with new loan signing Charlie Reilly and defender Ricky Little. Plenty of half chances but not enough on target to overly trouble the keepers at the interval with Max Boruc the busier goalie. Inside the last ten minutes and MacKinnon scored from close range after a corner. It looked like time was running out but Cammy Harper drilled in an equaliser for a deserved share of the points.


A six pointer if ever there was one kicked off on a bright afternoon and Kyle Robinson saw an effort blocked in the opening minutes. Inverness responded and Kerr, Shaw and Gilmour all had shots blocked around the hosts box. Cammy Kerr brought Boruc into action direct from a free kick with twenty minutes gone. Cammy Harper was denied by Boruc at the expense of a corner. Kerr was again denied by Boruc, his low shot was well saved by the keeper after good work by McAllister. The chances were racking up for the visitors and Bim Pepple went very close. The shooting practise continued with Harper firing just over the bar from outside the box fifteen minutes from the break. David Gold shot wide for the Smokies as half time approached and the hosts upped the pressure on Mark Ridgers' box with Innes Murray firing a free kick wide.


No changes at the interval but Ricky Little replaced Hamilton ten minutes into the half after a clash with Alex Samuel who was booked. Aaron Doran then replaced the injured Gilmour and Billy Mckay replaced Pepple. Arbroath also brought on the big guns with Bird and McKenna joining the play. Substitute Charlie Reilly shot wide and Alex Samuel did the same at the other end. A penalty appeal for Inverness was ignored. Possession was swinging towards the hosts as we entered the final fifteen and yellow cards looked like they were going out of fashion. Arbroath opened the scoring following a corner when Adam MacKinnon, on loan from Ross County, scored from close range. Ridgers saved from Reilly and Alex Samuel had one attempt close and another saved by Boruc as we tried to salvage a point. In a frenetic finish, Shaw had a shot blocked and Kerr fired wide before Cammy Harper shot home to earn a point, but not before McKenna shot over right at the death. Phew, and breathe!


Match report written by tm4tj

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Dundee Utd 24 15 6 3 49 14 35 51
2. Raith Rovers 24 15 5 4 44 33 11 50
3. Partick Thistle 24 10 8 6 47 40 7 38
4. Morton 24 10 6 8 34 28 6 36
5. Ayr United 25 8 5 12 34 45 -11 29
6. Dunfermline 24 7 7 10 28 34 -6 28
7. Airdrieonians 23 8 4 11 23 29 -6 28
8. Queens Park 25 7 6 12 32 44 -12 27
9. Inverness CT 25 6 8 11 30 32 -2 26
10. Arbroath 24 5 5 14 25 47 -22 20