Partick Thistle 1 - 0 Inverness CT

League - Championship
Saturday, March 30th, 2024, 3:00 PM at Firhill, Glasgow
Attendance: 3,371
Referee: John Beaton
Partick Thistle Inverness CT

Scott Robinson (41) None.

Team Managers
Kris Doolan Duncan Ferguson

Starting Eleven
David Mitchell
Jack McMillan
Luke McBeth
Aaron Muirhead
Harry Milne
Lewis Neilson
Ben Stanway
Steven Lawless
Scott Robinson
Aidan Fitzpatrick
Brian Graham
Mark Ridgers
James Carragher
Remi Savage
Cameron Harper
Cameron Kerr
Wallace Duffy
Morgan Boyes
Samson Lawal
Max Anderson
Alex Samuel
Billy Mckay

Kieran Ngwenya
Blair Alston
Ross Stewart
Zander Mackenzie
Che Campbell
Thomas Horn
Ceiran Loney
Cameron Mackay
Nikola Ujdur
Daniel Devine
Roddy MacGregor
Aaron Doran
Adam Brooks
Aribim Pepple

Blair Alston -> Ben Stanway (75)
Kieran Ngwenya -> Aidan Fitzpatrick (80)
Zander Mackenzie -> Scott Robinson (93)
Aaron Doran for Wallace Duffy (57)
Aribim Pepple for Billy Mckay (78)
Adam Brooks for James Carragher (90)
Roddy MacGregor for Morgan Boyes (91)

Luke McBeth (79) Cameron Kerr (47)
Cameron Kerr (66)

Red Cards
None. Cameron Kerr (66)
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Ridgers (GK) 271 apps -
Remi Savage 11 apps1 goal
Cameron Harper 155 apps10 goals
Cameron Kerr 11 apps1 goal
Wallace Duffy 97 apps4 goals
Morgan Boyes 23 apps2 goals
James Carragher 12 apps -
Max Anderson 28 apps2 goals
Samson Lawal 4 apps -
Alex Samuel 10 apps4 goals
Billy Mckay 284 apps111 goals
Roddy MacGregor (sub) 107 apps6 goals
Aaron Doran (sub) 389 apps57 goals
Aribim Pepple (sub) 10 apps -
Adam Brooks (sub) 23 apps4 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Samson Lawal (19 years 344 days)
Oldest Player:Billy Mckay (35 years 168 days)
Average Player Age:25 years 274 days
Domestic Players:5 (45.45 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Samson Lawal (19 years 344 days)
Oldest Player:Billy Mckay (35 years 168 days)
Average Player Age:25 years 222 days
Domestic Players:8 (44.44 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Big Trouble Down the Dump

Billy Mckay was back in the starting XI along with Samson Lawal with Pepple dropping to the bench and Shaw out for the season. Both teams had seven on the bench with Roddy MacGregor getting a rare seat.

Scott Robinson scored the only goal of the game just before the break. Inverness were reduced to ten men after Cammy Kerr was sent off just after an hour. Despite creating more opportunities, the win just evaded us.



Partick got the game underway at Firhill and Alex Samuel was first to have a go in the fourth minute but his effort was blocked. Camm Kerr was also blocked ten minutes later and Cammy Harper shot over as the visitors saw the better of the opening exchanges. Billy Mckay shot wide before Mark Ridgers was brought into action to deny a Brian Graham glanced header. Samuel had another attempt blocked before Wallace Duffy hit the bar with a header following a corner kick. Mckay saw his shot from the edge of the box saved by Mitchell and at the other end Scott Robinson clipped the post from close range before Brian Graham shot over five minutes before the interval. The pressure was building on the visitors and after 41 minutes Robinson opened the scoring from the centre of the box after the first effort from Ben Stanway rebounded back to him. Disappointing end to the half with Kerr booked for alleged simulation which upset Ferguson and some promising openings went begging.


After the break Mckay was blocked in the box after good work by Max Anderson and Kerr was unable to get his shot away from the rebound as Inverness looked to get back on level terms. Fitzpatrick responded at the other end but shot just wide and minutes later his shot from a tight angle was saved by Ridger's. On the hour, Kerr shot wide from the right side. That would be just about his last contribution to the cause as he was sent off after 66 minutes for fouling Aidan Fitzpatrick. Samson Lawal had an effort held by keeper Mitchell as we looked to get back on level terms. Samuel was denied by Mitchell with fifteen minutes left and Lawal had another effort saved by Mitchell. After 97 minutes, the game ended in defeat for Inverness.


Good effort from the ten men but effort doesn't translate into points. With Queens Park losing to Morton, no ground has been lost to them, but there are only five games left to save our season. Dunfermline also beat Arbroath so no change in the bottom three.

Some visiting fans expressed their frustration at our plight after the final whistle when Ferguson came over to them. It didn't end well after an angry exchange. It didn't end well for Gary Bollan either as he was red-carded after the whistle.

Here's what the managers said on BBC Sport:

Match report written by tm4tj

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Dundee Utd 31 18 8 5 59 21 38 62
2. Raith Rovers 30 17 7 6 49 38 11 58
3. Partick Thistle 31 13 10 8 57 49 8 49
4. Dunfermline 31 11 8 12 37 41 -4 41
5. Morton 30 11 7 12 37 34 3 40
6. Airdrieonians 29 11 6 12 34 34 0 39
7. Ayr United 30 11 5 14 43 54 -11 38
8. Queens Park 31 9 9 13 43 50 -7 36
9. Inverness CT 31 7 11 13 34 36 -2 32
10. Arbroath 30 6 5 19 32 68 -36 23