Inverness CT 0 - 0 Cowdenbeath

(Won 4 - 2 on pens.)
League Cup - Group Stages ICT win 4-2 on pens
Tuesday, October 13th, 2020, 6:30 PM at Caledonian Stadium
Referee: Graham Beaton
Inverness CT  Cowdenbeath

None. Penalty shootout
Oliver Hamilton
Harvey Swann

Team Managers
John Robertson Gary Bollan

Starting Eleven
Cameron Mackay
Kevin McHattie
Wallace Duffy
Robbie Deas
Brad Mckay
Roddy MacGregor
Sean Welsh
James Vincent
James Keatings
Daniel Mackay
Miles Storey
Ross Sinclair
Ross Pollock
Ross Clarke
Jamie Todd
Jacob Glass
Kyle Miller
Graham Taylor
Cian Kavanagh
David Cox
Michael Herd
Oliver Hamilton

Mark Ridgers
Cameron Harper
Ryan Fyffe
Daniel Devine
Lewis Hyde
Scott Allardice
Nikolay Todorov
Shane Harkness
MacAllan Whyte
Kris Renton
Harvey Swann
Craig Easton
Kyle Sneddon
Lewis Owens

Nikolay Todorov for Miles Storey (13)
Scott Allardice for James Vincent (65)
Cameron Harper for Kevin McHattie (65)
Daniel Devine for Wallace Duffy (77)
Harvey Swann -> Michael Herd (53)
Kris Renton -> David Cox (90)

Daniel Mackay (51)
Nikolay Todorov (83)
Sean Welsh (92)
Cian Kavanagh (83)

Red Cards
None. None
Appearances & Goals To Date
Cameron Mackay (GK) 14 apps -
Robbie Deas 2 apps -
Kevin McHattie 34 apps -
Wallace Duffy 2 apps -
Brad Mckay 140 apps7 goals
Roddy MacGregor 29 apps -
James Vincent 98 apps7 goals
Sean Welsh 43 apps7 goals
Miles Storey 73 apps18 goals
Daniel Mackay 29 apps3 goals
James Keatings 31 apps7 goals
Daniel Devine (sub) 85 apps4 goals
Cameron Harper (sub) 11 apps -
Scott Allardice (sub) 2 apps -
Nikolay Todorov (sub) 33 apps7 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Roddy MacGregor (18 years 301 days)
Oldest Player:James Vincent (31 years 24 days)
Average Player Age:24 years 312 days
Domestic Players:9 (81.82 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Lewis Hyde (18 years 95 days)
Oldest Player:James Vincent (31 years 24 days)
Average Player Age:23 years 342 days
Domestic Players:15 (78.95 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


Bonus point struggle

Inverness took the bonus point after a penalty shoot out, the game ending scoreless. Cammy Mackay saving twice as Todorov, Deas, Welsh and Allardice fired home from the spot.

It was the first game at home since the 10th March when we beat Queen of the South 3-1 on a stormy Tuesday night. Seven months later and football is back at the Caledonian Stadium on a Tuesday night. With fans being subject to covid19 restrictions, the stadium was empty and silence prevailed. Nothing new for home games I hear many say!

With live streaming not in place yet, it was left to standing on the Kessock Bridge or ICT FC Official twitter feed to keep us up to date with goings on at this League Cup group A game. One wonders why the streaming was such an issue for Inverness when practically every other side involved in the competition have managed to set something up. For goodness sake we even had a live feed for a friendly at Station Park Nairn. Here's the statement from ICT FC regarding Live Streaming. Maybe the twitter guys are locked out as well. Less than twenty minutes to kick-off and no team lines yet? Yippeee, they have arrived.

Kevin McHattie and James Vincent returned to the starting XI with Cammy Mackay between the sticks. Shane Sutherland missed out through injury but Danny Devine made the bench.

Game on but it was nine minutes in before we carved out the first chance of the game when Storey was sent through on goal but keeper Ross Sinclair blocked his effort with his legs. Story would go off injured two minutes later to be replaced by Nikolay Todorov.

Daniel Mackay saw a shot gathered by Sinclair after twenty minutes. Five minutes later Sinclair was quick of his line to deny Mackay again.

Deas shot behind from a corner and a free kick from range was fired well over as Inverness kept on the front foot.

Cowdenbeath broke forward at pace, two on two but the low cross into the box bounced just behind Cox and the danger was mopped up.

Five minutes before the break and there's little to enthuse over, another long range effort sails over the bar and the whistle brings the first half to a close, thankfully. It's fair to say we are dominating the game, its also fair to say it's mostly uninspiring so far.

Half Time 0-0

The second period saw no changes as Toddy restarted the game and five minutes in we received a booking for simulation in the box. Dodgy if you ask me.

Oliver Hamilton saw a shot drag just wide with Cammy Mackay sprawling across his line ten minutes into the half and Toddy shot wide after good play by Dan Mackay.

Tremendous double diving save from the keeper to deny Sean Welsh and then Todorov, at the other end we mop up after Cox finds space in the box but is blocked.

Brad Mckay heads a James Keatings corner wide as the pressure on the visitors mounts and Roddy MacGregor is inches away from getting on the end of a Todorov cross after he picked the defenders pocket. A Keatings free kick is bundled away from the box as the visitors survive again.

Brad Mckay does well to stop a Cowdenbeath forage forward as they find space behind us. The Blue Brazil growing in confidence at our apparent lack of cutting edge and look to get forward more as the game enters the final phase.

Dan Mackay manages to get the ball past Sinclair but it's cleared off the line inside the last ten minutes but there were no further opportunities for either side and the game entered penalty kicks to see who gets the bonus point.

Full Time 0-0


ICT FC 4 Todorov, Deas, Welsh, Allardice

Cammy Mackay saves well from Taylor and Renton

Cowdenbeath 2 Hamilton, Swann

Match report written by tm4tj