Inverness CT 1 - 1 Dunfermline

League - Championship
Tuesday, December 29th, 2020, 6:30 PM at Caledonian Stadium
Referee: Euan Anderson
Inverness CT  Dunfermline

Miles Storey (67)
Kyle Turner (23)

Team Managers
John Robertson Stevie Crawford

Starting Eleven
Mark Ridgers
Cameron Harper
Robbie Deas
Daniel Devine
Brad Mckay
Sean Welsh
Scott Allardice
Aaron Doran
James Vincent
Shane Sutherland
Miles Storey
Owain Fon Williams
Aaron Comrie
Paul Watson
Euan Murray
Josh Edwards
Lewis Mayo
Kyle Turner
Iain Wilson
Kerr McInroy
Kevin O'Hara
Lewis McCann

Cameron Mackay
Wallace Duffy
David Carson
Kai Kennedy
Roddy MacGregor
Daniel Mackay
Nikolay Todorov
Declan McManus
Ryan Dow
Steven Whittaker
Cammy Gill
Fraser Murray
Dom Thomas
Lucas Berry

Kai Kennedy for Aaron Doran (45)
Nikolay Todorov for Miles Storey (85)
Daniel Mackay for Shane Sutherland (88)
Ryan Dow -> Kerr McInroy (66)
Declan McManus -> Lewis McCann (69)
Dom Thomas -> Kevin O'Hara (80)

Sean Welsh (64)
Brad Mckay (87)
Daniel Mackay (94)
Kyle Turner (95)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Ridgers (GK) 136 apps -
Cameron Harper 22 apps -
Brad Mckay 150 apps8 goals
Robbie Deas 13 apps1 goal
Daniel Devine 94 apps4 goals
James Vincent 101 apps7 goals
Sean Welsh 50 apps7 goals
Scott Allardice 13 apps2 goals
Aaron Doran 287 apps48 goals
Miles Storey 79 apps20 goals
Shane Sutherland 99 apps5 goals
Kai Kennedy (sub) 10 apps1 goal
Nikolay Todorov (sub) 43 apps10 goals
Daniel Mackay (sub) 36 apps4 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Cameron Harper (19 years 54 days)
Oldest Player:James Vincent (31 years 101 days)
Average Player Age:27 years 41 days
Domestic Players:7 (63.64 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Kai Kennedy (18 years 281 days)
Oldest Player:James Vincent (31 years 101 days)
Average Player Age:24 years 329 days
Domestic Players:12 (66.67 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

Sean Welsh played his 50th major competitive game for the Club.

What's the Storey, Miles Glory.

Inverness fell behind after twenty minutes when some pinball ended with McInroy drilling the ball home from inside the box. Sutherland was unlucky when his header crashed off the bar with the keeper beaten. Miles Storey scored with a stunning left foot shot high past a despairing Fon Williams to level the game with around 25 minutes left and that's how it ended, all square in the final game of 2020, a year we all want to forget. Happy New Year when it comes.

Second placed Dunfermline Athletic came North for this 6:30pm kick-off at the Caledonian Stadium as we moved into the second phase of this seasons shortened Championship. No fans of course as we have now been plunged into tier 4 for covid 19, but live streaming was available from ICTFC. The Pars were looking to build on some good results which has them second in the Championship behind Hearts, we were looking to get back on track after a poor performance at Alloa and a day off last Saturday when we should have been at Cappielow.

John Robertson went for a more experienced squad with Sean Welsh, Aaron Doran and James Vincent returning to the starting XI. James Keatings missed out with a thigh strain. Wallace Duffy and Davis Carson were on the bench with young guns Roddy MacGregor and Kai Kennedy

Kevin O'Hara started this one with DecLan McManus on the bench along with Fraser Murray and Ryan Dow.

After a minute silence in memory of Jim McLean the game went ahead and it was five minutes in before Robbie Deas broke forward on the left side before firing a shot from distance which was easy enough for Fon Williams to gather.

Euan Murray was next to try his luck but he headed over. Captain Murray was always going to be a threat from set pieces.

A great ball into the box from Cammy Harper saw no takers as the game approached 15 minutes with defences on top in an open game.

The Pars opened the scoring with a rather fortunate goal. Nothing wrong with the strike, but the ball fell kindly for them twice before it was put behind Ridgers by Kyle Turner just after 20 minutes.

Moments later, Kerr McInroy flashed a snapshot wide as we all held our breath, the ball whistling just wide.

We almost responded immediately but a tremendous cross from Harper was headed strongly off the bar by Shane Sutherland with the keeper well beaten. He rose well to power his header but it was a fraction too high and smacked the crossbar.

Sutherland brought out a brilliant one handed diving save from the keeper soon after as he shot from distance following a defensive slip by the Pars, the ball being tipped over for a fruitless corner.

Ten minutes before the break we had a Devine intervention in the six yard box to deny a certain tap-in goal at the back post as a low ball across the box was cleared over the bar at full stretch by Danny Boy with Kevin O'Hara lurking with intent.

The goal apart, there was little between the sides as the interval approached with Inverness winning a couple of corners and a header went harmlessly wide from the returning ball into the box after the second corner.

A rare burst forward after we gave away the ball in the visitors half saw Kevin O'Hara test Ridgers right on the break, the big keeper down quickly to his low shot from the edge of the box to save comfortably.


Kai Kennedy replaced Aaron Doran at the interval. Doran had taken a knock in the first half and continued after treatment but had remained in the dressing room.

Ridgers saved a deflected shot eight minutes into the second half as The Pars looked dangerous on the break at the start of the half.

Sean Welsh fired wide as the hosts responded but the play was getting untidy and Miles Storey might have done better when he was set free inside the left side of the penalty box, instead his half hit shot rolled meekly into the keepers hands. However, his next major involvement was stunning when it came along.

Fon Williams cut out a dangerous cross after good work down the left flank, Kennedy injecting a bit of urgency about proceedings since he was introduced after the interval.

Sean Welsh entered the referees book for a scything tackle in midfield as we looked to break down a resolute Pars defence but with around half an jour left it was not looking too good.

Out of the blue, Inverness scored a screamer with 66 minutes on the clock. Miles Storey turned on a long throw-in from Brad Mckay just outside the box and lashed a powerhouse of a shot into the keepers top right corner. What a strike by Storey from around 25 yards across the keeper and into the roof of the net with Fon Williams clutching at thin air.

A bit of ball flapping in the home box led to a corner as Allardice deflected the eventual strike for the Pars but the ball was headed tamely over from the set piece.

Into the final ten minutes and still all to play for as the Pars pushed for a winner.

The visitors pressed hard as the clock ticked down and with Danny Devine going off injured it was backs to the wall in a frantic finish. A couple of yellow cards later and it was all over, a hard earned point for both sides.

Match report written by tm4tj


Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 9 8 0 1 29 10 19 24
2. Dunfermline 10 5 4 1 20 13 7 19
3. Dundee 10 4 4 2 19 19 0 16
4. Raith Rovers 9 4 3 2 21 11 10 15
5. Morton 9 4 2 3 9 12 -3 14
6. Ayr United 10 3 4 3 14 13 1 13
7. Inverness CT 9 3 3 3 15 12 3 12
8. Queen of the South 10 2 1 7 12 25 -13 7
9. Alloa Athletic 10 2 1 7 10 24 -14 7
10. Arbroath 10 1 2 7 5 15 -10 5